Re: running inspiration

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2009
      Purnakama and all runners who may not always 'feel' or 'look' like runners'
      Thank you for the aspiration to get out there and move, no matter what the speed or how you think you look. Believe it or not I get more inspiration from seeing so called 'out of shape' people walking and jogging than I do from seeing super fit athletes doing what seems to come easy to them.

      I tend to feel like I fit into both categories at times although some may think that I am always fit and run well most of the time. I usually feel slow, sluggish, and out of shape when I train. I run slower than I want to but I do not let my mind win over my aspiring and striving body. I just try not to pay attention to the time or how I look and I just focus on spiritual things as I keep moving.

      At the end of the workout or our race, no matter how 'badly' we think we did or what we looked like, our heart, soul, body and even our mind end up victorious. It is our determination to make progress in our fitness and health as well as in our spiritual life that is most important.

      Sri Chinmoy poetically reminds us of this:
      "The determination
      In your heroic effort
      Will permeate your mind and heart
      Even after your success or failure
      Is long forgotten." [unofficial]

      Thank you for encouraging others and inspiring those who may may or may not 'look good' out there to keep training, keep moving, and keep progressing towards the goal of Self-Transcendence.

      Gratefully,
      Arpan