Re: Transcendence-Perfection

  • morrisklein27
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2004
      I like HarmonyVision's selection of this particular poem (see message
      2362). How amazing that Sri Chinmoy could have created and written
      this poem spontaneously, along with 842 others in a twenty-four hour
      time period.

      Sri Chinmoy feels that all of us have locked within ourselves
      tremendous creative abilities that meditation can and will unleash.
      If we can allow the Supreme to work in and through us, we also can
      participate in the endless flow of divine creativity.

      The greatest artists are the most humble. Bach and Shakespeare both
      regarded themselves as mere instruments in the hands of some greater
      power. Sri Chinmoy also feels that he is a humble instrument of God,
      revealing whatever the Divine wants him to reveal.

      To me, Sri Chinmoy's humility is one of the things that makes his
      poetry and art so attractive. He is an example to all artists in his
      surrender to the One Will.

      Here's another poem that deals with surrender. In this case, the
      seeker discusses what surrender means in the various phases of his
      life- as a child, as an adult, and as an old man. I would gratefully
      welcome any insights on this most remarkable poem:

      I loved my life's morning walks;
      Hope-beauty led my eyes
      And guided my steps.
      I love my life's midday runs;