God's Gifts

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2009
      Dear all,

      In context with an experience I thought the song Last Night Sri Chinmoy composed for us students to sing daily, was a gift – a privilege!

      "Last night
      I had a very, very, very
      Significant dream.
      I saw my Lord,
      Clasped His Eye
      And kissed His Feet Supreme."

      -Sri Chinmoy (unofficial)

      I usually do not have significant dreams on the contrary – my dreams are often confused and rather dark, sometimes symbolic. I felt a strong contrast between my dreams and this song. I thought it was possibly not meant for me. But no doubt - our Master composed it for everybody.

      Rereading the My God-Hunger-Cry poems I found my feelings confirmed in one of the poems:

      Lord, who am I
      To clasp Your Eye?
      Lord, who am I
      To touch Your Feet?
      Lord, who am I
      To seek Your Grace?
      Lord, who am I
      To feel Your Embrace?

      - Sri Chinmoy
      December 15th, 2005

      It is good to try to be sincere, but it is better not to doubt the song but to sing it more prayerfully. Imagination is a branch of the Reality Tree, so says the Master.