Carrying Home Heaven

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20 7:09 AM
      The weather this weekend in New York became superb after a relatively
      cold and damp April Celebrations.

      Even though the weather was not perfect last week, I am sure that most
      people felt the perfect inner weather at Aspiration-Ground. This weekend
      Mother Nature added to that beauty and joy by warming up tremendously
      during the day. It was 77 F (25C) on Saturday and just a little cooler
      on Sunday. The trees and flowers responded almost instantaneously by
      bursting forth with color and fragrance. The birds came out singing like
      a choir of Angels as well.

      I am sure that those who did come to Celebrations have carried a piece
      of this Heaven back with them. Having so many aspiring souls there to
      fill it with activity and silence was such a boost to everyone here. And
      those who could not make it here still carry the Aspiration-Temple
      inside to access whenever you try hard to meditate, or sing, or read,
      and do whatever it takes to get into your higher consciousness. Only
      then can we fully appreciated what was created here while Guru was on
      Earth and we now try to maintain, as he supports us in every way quite
      powerfully and quite convincingly.

      It is so easy to forget the beauty and simple joy of the Heaven that we
      carry inside us all the time. Our daily life activities can become quite
      hectic as our responsibilities mount and our mind has to function on
      overdrive. But those few moments of meditation or prayer interspersed in
      our daily activities such as driving, eating, exercise, etc. are quite
      valuable in preventing our consciousness from descending so low that we
      forget how blessed we all truly are, as is everyone on Earth.

      Sometimes I may have only a few moments to rush over to
      Aspiration-Ground, or it could be anywhere really, to sit and meditate
      or pray and remind myself that there is so much inner light around to
      protect me and guide me towards my more spiritual goals as I try to
      accomplish my outer goals. For every time I accomplish an outer goal, no
      matter how amazing it may seem to me or others, it feels empty if I had
      forgotten my inner goals on the way.

      This is why we were encouraged by our very wise Guru to take a few
      moments now and then to just calm down and meditate or pray, whether it
      is for protection or peace of mind or whatever we may need at the time.
      Gratitude is always a good one to think of no matter what we are doing.
      It feels like an instant blessing every time we sincerely think of
      gratitude or repeat a gratitude prayer or aphorism or just sing `My
      Own Gratitude Heart is All that Matters', anytime, anywhere. As Guru
      writes:"Gratitude is a miracle-action in us..." [unofficial] And
      sometimes we may feel we need a miracle to raise our consciousness when
      things get tough.

      One does not have to go to Aspiration-Ground all day but rather carry
      Aspiration-Ground to where you are by doing these simple yet valuable
      things that Guru taught us time and again. They really work and so does
      He when we take the time to remember just how much Beauty and Light are
      still here for us all to enjoy.

      In Gratitude and Oneness,

      Arpan
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20 6:00 PM
        Truly beautiful words Arpan. You said so many things that I needed to hear.
        Trying to balance the inner life with the outer life is very often a great challenge, as the outer tends to overpower the inner if we're not taking care of the inner things.
        I am trying more to meditate at my job as many times as I can during the day in order to keep the spiritual flow amidst the mental world of work.
        And I often imagine that I am actually at Aspiration ground while I am meditating which is very powerful and helpful.

        Now that Celebrations is over, I, and I'm sure others look forward to your Wednesday night function reports.

        Purnakama
      • dmchaudhurani
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21 12:55 PM
          Re Carrying Heaven Home

          Heaven indeed!

          At Aspiration Ground on Saturday, my last day, I was trying to meditate and talking to Guru inwardly with great seriousness. I saw a dear friend and we exchanged greetings. She said:

          'When are you going back?'
          'Today.'
          'Me too.'
          'It doesn't get any easier, does it!'
          'No. But how can it? It's hard to leave Heaven.'
          'Too true....'

          I was trying to hear all the birds that I had heard each morning in the early dawn chorus. I tried to make Aspiration Ground each morning at 6am for the early morning meditation. Zita from Hungary with whom I shared a room was my beloved Alarm Clock, waking me, full of joyful energy and enthusiasm every morning at about 5.15. I was not so energetic and she often left before me, but it did mean I was able to get to the court quite early for meditation most mornings. I am so grateful to Zita for this. She is one of my fantasitc new friends.

          I wonder if Kamalakanta or one of the other sound experts could record for us the quiet sounds of that pre-dawn meditation at Aspiration Ground, perhaps starting even before 6am, to catch the early birds and the quiet whispering footfalls of the first disciples arriving for meditation.

          The morning meditations were some of the most precious times for me. Not only was there the sacred atmosphere of the Holy Ground, where at times I felt I could actually see Guru sitting in his Temple, but also because of the sweet sound of the dawn chorus. I have a great love for birds and bird-song and always felt a special thrill to hear the Cardinal Bird and the secretive small brown bird which has a high sweet whistling song.

          On the day of the 12 hour walk I had to leave Aspiration Ground early as I was on first shift and we started at 6.30. I did not want to leave the peace and holiness of Aspiration Ground. Just as I was thinking I must be going, the Cardinal Bird swooped down from a far tree where it had been singing, way beyond the Aspiration-Ground-green on the far side of the track. It alighted on the Aspiration Ground fence, among the waiving fronds of wysteria. My heart leapt with surprise and joy at this sudden and unexpected secret blessing, as real to me as Guru's unexpected Smile...

          Then as I watched, almost breathless with delight, the Cardinal Bird soared straight towards me but upwards, in a beautiful arc, perching above my head in the tree that grows at the corner of the Aspiration Ground, just to the right of where I was sitting and leaning out over the Tennis Court above me. It sat there, its colour glowing. Although the sun was not quite high enough to be seen - or even for the first rays to be reaching the branches yet, there was a brightness in the air up there which lit its plumage with a deep red glow. It just sat and sang and sang. I think I was the only person meditating that morning while apparently staring straight up into the sky.....

          Many, many, many blessed sweet memories I hold in my heart as I start life back here, feet touching the earth of the mundane world, but mind, heart and soul still deeply rooted in the Heaven of the Holy Ground. I trust the sweet memories and experiences will keep my inner-connection strong - with my dear family members (in New York and all those now like me who have left, for now, and are spread right around the world;) - with the sacred places in and around Aspiration Ground, - and with our beloved Guru who inundates all our lives and all our places with the Blessedness of his Living Presence.

          (I am reminded of the words of a friend who said she had prayed and prayed after Guru left the physical world, just asking 'Why?' and he did answer her question. He said, 'So I can be nearer to all of you.')

          The challenge now is not just to remember that Guru is everywhere - which means here - now - even in my sitting room as I write this – and with you now, wherever you may be as you read it. The challenge is to feel his living blessingful, powerful Living Presence here as strongly as we felt it during Celebrations - and to maintain that sense of seriousness and inspiration. I want to pray to him with the same intensity here that I felt as the time for my departure drew near, despite all the distractions and frustrations of the outer life.

          And as I do pray I can imagine that I am sitting still at Aspriation Ground, surrounded by flowers and birdsong, warm in the sun, stroked by the same fragrant breezes and surrounded by my dear divine family, devouring the beauty of the Aspriation Garden with my hungry eyes and listening as I was on that Saturday afternoon of my departure to the birds.

          Their songs were muted by the heat of the day and interlaced by sounds from the driveway - the music of a singing group rehearsing and the raised voices and laughter of the rehearsal of a play that I would not be there to see. Their songs were overlaid at times by the rumble of buses and traffic on 164th street, the roar of planes turning in a wide arc high above Jamaica High School as they set out for distant lands from JFK, and by the sirens of police cars speeding along Hillside Avenue, busy on some business of their own....

          Guru symbolised a sacredness planted firmly in the middle of the hustle and bustle of 20th Century City Life. This was the Himalayan Cave of his 21st Century adventure! And it is in the hustle and bustle of another nation and another city that I have to learn to find him now.

          So thankyou to everyone who made the Celebrations so wonderful. Personally I felt they were extra special this year, the best since Guru's passing for me. I felt we were no longer grieving and looking back this time, but were marching forward with confidence, bathed with his Presence and Power. I felt his joy and energy and saw it manifested again and again in the events of Celebrations, but especially in the wonderful Manhattan Concert.

          .......And, Kamalakanta, if it is possible, do record for us the sound of Aspriation Ground (from about 5.30 am until about 7.00) if it is not too much trouble - quickly, while the spring morning chorus of the birds is still in full song. I am sure there will be many people who would treasure such a recording to help us 'Carry Heaven' with us when we have to leave the Holy Ground and inspire us in our morning meditations when we are far from our true heart's home.

          with love and gratitude to all

          from Durga-Mata
        • suchana27
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2009
            Many thanks, dear Durga Mata, for recreating the Aspiration-Ground atmosphere so heartfully and sharing your so deep insights! I am also missing the sacred singing of those birds now.

            Love,
            Suchana