April Celebrations 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2009
      I am hardly the person to report on it - having been there for such a short duration this year - but I wanted to at least briefly mention here that Celebrations was as wonderful as ever - in a similar fashion to how the Christmas Trips continue their powerful legacy.

      Like usual, we are regaled with theatrical productions that rival and best anything you could see on Broadway. The set for the Akbar play was extraordinary and the full production of Guru's play about Ramakrishna by the Canadian boys was excellent as well. I was in a play that we didn't think was actually happening and it wasn't until I arrived that I dove in to learn my lines and study the part. Panorama Cafe served as the perfect setting for that escapade and now the cafe had a slideshow projecting on the wall that was a creative combination of Sri Chinmoy's words and cute graphic illustrations.

      Words cannot express my gratitude to all who work so tirelessly to create a true paradise and oasis for us to meditate and congregate together for Celebrations. Our inspiration and aspiration mutually reinforce one another and I always leave feeling blessed and enriched - as if I have been there for weeks even if it was only a matter of days.

      Sharani
      p.s. this post flies in via Seattle. The Songs of the Soul Concert should be awesome and I hear I'm having breakfast on the beach with Sarah shortly since her house is just a block away from Puget Sound.
      Yippee!!