To Claim God

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2009
      Dear friends,

      Here are a few poems by Sri Chinmoy on the theme "To Claim God":

      "My Lord, give me the capacity
      To claim You devotedly
      The way You claim me
      Proudly."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 251 by Sri Chinmoy.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1222/89/

      "To know who you truly are,
      You must first claim God
      To be your own, very own."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 3 by Sri Chinmoy.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1212/840/

      "Why Do You Have To Feel Helpless?
      Why do you have to feel helpless?
      Why do you have to feel hopeless?
      Why do you have to feel useless?
      Why? Why?

      Is God's Compassion others' monopoly?
      Is God's Satisfaction others' monopoly?
      Is God's Oneness-Love others' monopoly?

      No, never!

      If others claim God as their own,
      Even so, you can claim God as your own,"

      Absolutely your own.
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 36 by Sri Chinmoy.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0503/51/

      enjoy!

      Joy to all!

      Kamalakanta
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2009
        Dear freinds,

        Sri Chinmoy often spoke about the necessity to claim God as one's own.
        Here is a short gratitude-poem on that subject.
        Enjoy!

        "My Lord Supreme,
        My gratitude to You
        Knows no bounds
        That at long last
        I am sincerely able
        To claim You
        As my own, very own."
        -Sri Chinmoy

        Excerpt from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 13 by Sri Chinmoy.
        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1281/577/

        Kamalakanta
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2012
          Hi, everyone!

          Here are some of Sri Chinmoy's writings about claiming God as one's own. Sri Chinmoy spoke often about this, about the need to claim God as your own.

          "My Lord Supreme,
          My gratitude to You
          Knows no bounds
          That at long last
          I am sincerely able
          To claim You
          As my own, very own."

          Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 13, Agni Press, 1999.
          http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1281/577

          Steve: Does God offer us opportunity at every moment to claim Him as our own?

          Sri Chinmoy: Yes, God offers us opportunity at every moment to claim Him as our very own. We claim God by identifying ourselves with Him and by offering ourselves at His Feet for His use. God is our life's eternal Pilot; we shall be God's Dream- Boat.

          Sri Chinmoy, At The Doors Of Time And Delight Opportunity Knocks, Agni Press, 1974.
          http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0183/8/1

          I long to claim God's Feet
          As my own.
          God says to me:
          "My child, allow Me
          To claim your heart first
          As My own, very own."

          Sri Chinmoy, Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 30, Agni Press, 2002.
          http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1437/551

          Your God-hunger must not be confined
          Only to early in the morning
          And the evening.
          It has to be sleepless and breathless.
          Then only God will claim you
          As His own, very own,
          And you will also be entitled
          To claim God as your own, very own.

          Sri Chinmoy, Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 255, Agni Press, 1998.
          http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1232/45

          Smile, Love And Claim

          Smile, my friends, my soulful friends, smile. Let us smile. True, this world of ours is full of suffering and excruciating pangs, but that is no reason why we should not smile. We must smile in order to unburden the world's suffering-burden. We must smile in order to diminish its untold pangs.

          Love, my friends, my soulful friends, love. Let us love. True, this world of ours is full of hatred and disbelief, but that is no reason why we should not love and why we should not believe. We must love and believe in order to empty the hatred-sea. We must love and believe in order to break asunder the cliffs and peaks of disbelief-mountain.

          Claim, my friends, my soulful friends, claim. Let us claim. True, this world of ours has deceived us and betrayed us. Nevertheless, we must claim the world, for it is our bounden duty to change the face of the world. Unless and until we claim the world, we can never transform this world; therefore, we must claim this world as our own, very own, with a view to transforming it.

          Finally, we must not forget to smile at our Beloved Supreme, to love our Beloved Supreme and to claim our Beloved Supreme, for He is our Eternity's own, and we are His Eternity's own.

          We shall smile at our Beloved Supreme precisely because He is divinely great. We shall love our Beloved Supreme precisely because He is supremely good. We shall claim our Beloved Supreme precisely because we are His Eternity's chosen instruments. Him to please in His own way, Him to fulfil in His own way-it is for this we all saw the light of day. He is our Source. In Him we see, in Him we feel, in Him we fulfil our journey's course.

          Smile, love and claim. This world of ours is undoubtedly a projection of our Beloved Supreme, although it is far from perfection. But there will come a time when we shall be able to radically transform the face of this world and turn it into Perfection-Reality.
          Let us smile at God, love Him and claim Him, for He is all-where only for us, unconditionally for us.

          9:15 p.m.
          July 7, 1977
          Caldwell College
          Caldwell, New Jersey
          http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0352/1/15

          Why do you have to feel helpless?
          Why do you have to feel hopeless?
          Why do you have to feel useless?
          Why? Why?
          Is God's Compassion others' monopoly?
          Is God's Satisfaction others' monopoly?
          Is God's Oneness-Love others' monopoly?
          No, never!
          If others claim God as their own,
          Even so, you can claim God as your own,
          Absolutely your own.

          Sri Chinmoy, Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 36, Agni Press, 1982.
          http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0503/51
        • purnakama2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 10, 2012
            Wow Kamalakanta. Thanks for all of these wonderful offerings.
            Just another reminder of the wisdom and love contained in Guru's writings.

            Purnakama