Re: Happiness

    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 4, 2009
      Hi, Tanner!

      This one is very special:

      "God asks me to be happy,
      Extremely happy,
      Even if I do not see
      Even an iota of improvement
      In my spiritual life."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 248 by Sri Chinmoy.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1211/55/

      Why? Because to be in the spiritual life is in itself a great achievement. Even when you don't think you are doing well, your heart's cry might be reaching Heaven itself.....
    • doris.cott
      Message 33 of 33 , May 20 4:58 AM

        This year I was unable to help at one of my favourites sport events in Switzerland which made me really sad. The 24 hour race took place without me. I noticed that my health had gradually worsened instead of improved.

        In his writings Guru empathises on the importance of happiness, cheerfulness and positive thinking.

        Sometimes it takes quite a while until we learn our lessons. Though I know about these inner truths, it seems I unconsciously preferred to stay with the negative side of life for too long. There is always something in life to be sad about, to worry about, to be afraid of or to doubt.

        There seemed to be some stubborn or injured child inside me that didn't allow me to listen more carefully or I was not ready to be happy as there was and is so much sadness and suffering in the world. Anyways...

        But then I had an inner thought that told me to use cheerfulness and happiness as a weapon. I respond  to this approach and now I am practising whistling regularly or to speak with Guru's words - always use the antidote. If you have doubt, have faith or be certain, if you are afraid, be brave or concentrate on inner strength etc.

        It works! I am happy to have a new goal - to be happy! There are many reasons to be that.

        By chance I found a new recording on Radio Sri Chinmoy, where Guru himself is whistling bhajans. Thanks so much to those who uploaded it.

        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/