Guru's Poetry

  • nicholasfile
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2009
      Arise! Awake!

      ~

      Arise, awake, O friend of my dream.
      Arise, awake, O breath of my life.
      Arise, awake, O light of my eyes.
      O seer poet in me,
      Do manifest yourself in me and through me.

      Arise, awake, O vast heart within me.
      Arise, awake, O consciousness of mine,
      Which is always transcending the universe
      And its own life of the Beyond.

      Arise, awake, O form of my meditation transcendental.
      Arise, awake, O bound divinity in humanity.
      Arise, awake, O my heart's Liberator, Shiva,
      And free mankind from its ignorance sleep.

      Excerpt from "My Flute" by Sri Chinmoy