Re: I AM

  • dmchaudhurani
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2009
      Thankyou for this lovely poem. Indeed I see it as more than a poem -
      more of a meditation in itself. I am going to print it out and
      meditate on it!

      It reminds me of some of the verses of the Gita. It also reminds me
      of a poem that my student friend wrote as a dedication to his 30 page
      poem about being a young British Muslim. I sold some copies of it in
      New York because when I gave Guru a copy he said it should be
      published.

      Anyway for anyone who might like to see it, here is a copy of his
      Dedication. (It should be centred and he might have gone on longer
      but he said he wanted to keep it to one page!

      DEDICATION

      To my family – with gratitude and love

      And

      To all my world-family,

      Muslim and non-Muslim

      And

      To all the non-human creatures

      Even to the little ants

      And

      To all the plants

      Even to the smallest blades of grass

      And

      To all the rocks of the earth,

      Even to the tiny grains of sand.

      And

      To all the waters of the oceans

      Even to the finest drops of spray.

      And

      To all the winds of the heavens

      Even to the evening stillness when the winds have gone to sleep.

      And

      To our sun and moon and all the stars

      Even to the farthest invisible reaches of space.

      To all this sacred universe

      And

      To Allah, Creator of all that is

      With love and gratitude

      And prayers

      For

      His peace for all.
    • Pravina Ghimire
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
        Very very nice poem..i like the last lines.
        I am, yes, I am many things.
        But mainly, I am
        Your child.

        Prabina from Saudi Arabia