I AM

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2009
      I AM

      I am an ocean of unshed tears.

      I am the dark of the night,
      And the dawn of the day.

      I am the depths of the sea,
      And the heights of the sky.

      I am the sin of the sinner,
      And the virtue of the saint.

      I am the bloom of the flower,
      And of the earth the decay;

      I am the noise of the crowd
      And the silence by the bay.

      I am the stranger in the street,
      And my brother's smiling gaze.

      I am, yes, I am many things.
      But mainly, I am
      Your child.
      -Kamalakanta
    • jodybol
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2009
        Kamalakanta

        thanks for this simple and profound poem of oneness

        jody
      • dmchaudhurani
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2009
          Thankyou for this lovely poem. Indeed I see it as more than a poem -
          more of a meditation in itself. I am going to print it out and
          meditate on it!

          It reminds me of some of the verses of the Gita. It also reminds me
          of a poem that my student friend wrote as a dedication to his 30 page
          poem about being a young British Muslim. I sold some copies of it in
          New York because when I gave Guru a copy he said it should be
          published.

          Anyway for anyone who might like to see it, here is a copy of his
          Dedication. (It should be centred and he might have gone on longer
          but he said he wanted to keep it to one page!

          DEDICATION

          To my family – with gratitude and love

          And

          To all my world-family,

          Muslim and non-Muslim

          And

          To all the non-human creatures

          Even to the little ants

          And

          To all the plants

          Even to the smallest blades of grass

          And

          To all the rocks of the earth,

          Even to the tiny grains of sand.

          And

          To all the waters of the oceans

          Even to the finest drops of spray.

          And

          To all the winds of the heavens

          Even to the evening stillness when the winds have gone to sleep.

          And

          To our sun and moon and all the stars

          Even to the farthest invisible reaches of space.

          To all this sacred universe

          And

          To Allah, Creator of all that is

          With love and gratitude

          And prayers

          For

          His peace for all.
        • Pravina Ghimire
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1 3:39 AM
            Very very nice poem..i like the last lines.
            I am, yes, I am many things.
            But mainly, I am
            Your child.

            Prabina from Saudi Arabia