Wednesday Meditation

  • nirmalapoems
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2009
      This is the text we heard during our meditation:

      Question: How can we achieve reality?

      Sri Chinmoy: The Real, the Eternal Real, we can have only when we know
      how to aspire. The body, from the strict spiritual point of view, is
      unreal. It stays on earth for only seventy or eighty years, then it
      disappears. The soul does not disappear. If we live in the soul, then
      all is real, all is eternal. But if we live in the body, then all is
      illusion. The body is very limited. The consciousness of the body is
      limited to an awareness of our family, of our friends and of our
      neighbours. The soul is eternal and real because the moment it starts
      functioning it does so through the Universe, with the Cosmic itself.
      If we wish to get a sense of the Reality within us, we can concentrate
      daily for fifteen minutes on the Highest. The Highest is bound to be
      eternally real. The lowest can never be eternally real because it is
      all limitation, all darkness. Only the Highest is All-Truth,
      All-Light. We have an inner sun which is infinitely brighter than the
      earthly sun that we see every day. If we can concentrate consciously
      on our inner sun, then we will be able to enter into the Reality
      itself. And when we once enter into the Reality, then all other
      things, like the passing clouds, will disappear.

      Excerpt from Eternity's Soul-Bird, Part 2 by Sri Chinmoy:

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0165/2

      Although we had only a clementine for prasad, there was time enough to
      recite a volley of aphorisms:

      My mind, stop dictating to my heart!

      God loves to obey His own Iron Law.

      My love of God and my gratitude to God are keeping alive.

      Do not allow uncertainty to obscure your heart.

      The necessity of God-obedience can never be exaggerated.

      God-willingness is needed at every moment of life.

      My golden dreams come from God's Eye.
      My silver hopes come from God's Heart.

      God's Eye I see with my admiration-eyes.
      God's Feet I clasp with my devotion-heart.

      I do not want the capacities of my mind.
      But I do want the qualities of my heart.

      Spirituality turns problems into opportunities.

      My desire-life was planted by my mind.
      My aspiration-heart was planted by God's Heart.

      God comes to us hopefully only to be rejected by us heartlessly.

      God does not care if I am good or bad,
      He wants my love, not my sainthood.

      -Sri Chinmoy
      (unofficial quotes)