Question and Answer, poem by Sri Chinmoy

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2008
      Question: How can I have more gratitude?

      Sri Chinmoy: Gratitude comes from devotion. Without devotion, there is
      no gratitude. Choose one of my pictures—it need not be my
      Transcendental Picture—and meditate on it. That will give you more
      devotion.

      In India we have our tulsi leaf. The spiritual significance of that
      leaf is devotion. One of my Indian 'mothers' used to worry that I did
      not have any devotion. Her name was Mridu-di. Every day she used to
      run after me only to place that leaf inside my mouth.

      For gratitude, devotion is absolutely necessary. When devotion-magnet
      goes away, one cannot maintain gratitude. If you are devoted to
      someone, then you can show him gratitude, you can show him love, you
      can show him concern, you can show him sympathy. But if
      devotion-magnet is missing, what are you going to do?

      Devotion is the sweetest thing in our lives. It is the magnet that
      draws all the divine qualities. But false devotion is useless. Do not
      destroy the muscle-power of your palms by sitting with folded hands if
      there is no devotion inside your heart!

      Excerpt from Sri Chinmoy Answers, Part 32 by Sri Chinmoy.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1421/1/7/

      "I thank God when He gives me
      Something powerful.
      God thanks me when He sees in me
      Something beautiful."
      -Sri Chinmoy

      Joy to all!

      Kamalakanta
    • nirmalapoems
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 16, 2008
        "For gratitude, devotion is absolutely necessary. When devotion-magnet
        goes away, one cannot maintain gratitude."

        "What are the three reasons why people are not happy? People are not
        happy because they do not love. People are not happy because they do
        not love God. People are not happy because they do not love God in
        God's own way."

        "If you are devoted to
        someone, then you can show him gratitude, you can show him love, you
        can show him concern, you can show him sympathy. But if
        devotion-magnet is missing, what are you going to do?"

        - Sri Chinmoy
        (unofficial quotes)

        With gratitude

        Nirmala