Joy Weekend in York

  • tejvan13
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2008
      At the weekend I heard New York were having a joyday in Woodstock.

      In the UK, we were having a joy day in Old York.

      It was a great weekend well organised by the York centre. Amongst
      the many highlights included:

      A video shot by Sanjaya of the new Statue of Guru in Oslo.
      A fascinating and enjoyable rhyming play by Sumangali.
      3 other plays and very good music performances.
      A Competition to identify photos of people taken when very young.

      On Sunday, there was chance to visit the old historic town of York.
      Even in the grey mist of a Yorkshire Winter, York has a definite charm.

      I took a few photos here, you can even participate in the photo competition:

      http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/uk/joydays/joydays2008/york/

      Regards,

      Tejvan
    • sumangali_m
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2008
        Thanks to the (almost 50) people who came to the (Old) York Joy Day:
        from Scotland, Wales, England, and especially all the way from
        Ireland. Very special thanks to Steve and Suswara for doing the most
        important jobs of organising the accommodation and meals. Thanks to
        Sanjaya for the fantastic videos as always, keeping us up to date with
        Centre news and inspiration from around the world. Thanks also to
        everyone who provided entertainment in the form of plays: both
        illumining and side-splitting, as is the custom as such events.

        It was a real treat for us Yorkies to have over 40 people visiting at
        once. Hope you all enjoyed exploring our beautiful city. There are
        only 5 disciples in the North of England, and we rarely have visitors.
        We were thus especially glad everyone had a good time, and hope you
        will thus all come back again, maybe next year.

        Well done to everyone who braved an inhospitable November wind at the
        2-mile race (fittingly on the York Racecourse). Well done also to
        Balavan for winning the baby photo competition. That he guessed 14 out
        of 20 photos indicates either a level of intuition bordering on the
        occult, or a backhander to the judge. I'm sure the latter is out of
        the question, but the tantalising prize could perhaps drive anyone to
        bribery: a small box of M&S mint truffles, cunningly disguised as a
        large block of solid gold.

        Best wishes from "Up North"
        Sumangali