Re: Gratitude to all who came for the 1st Anniversary of Sri Chinmoy's Mahasamad

  • vasanti_hd
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2008
      Unfortunately I was one of those not able to be present for the
      Mahasamadhi Celebration in New York, but the specialness of it could
      be felt inwardly even here - I wish I would have been able to be on
      Aspiration Ground physically. Although we were able to meditate for
      hours in Pujaloy, with many who also were not able to go to New York, it was definitely not the same, not the same "presence", not the same intensity of sublime peace and serenity that I heard many experienced in New York even outside Aspiration Ground and that I remember even from last year.

      Since reading Sharani's experience prior to the Mahasamadhi weekend I
      could vividly imagine the special atmosphere and part of myself felt
      something of it, but of course it can never envelop and fill and
      permeate you on all levels the way it does when you are there.

      My solemn promise is to come next year, and I hope, many more will do
      the same.

      I know how grateful visitors were for all the efforts the New York
      brothers and sisters made to make this celebration even more special.

      Looking forward to hearing more experiences. Also it would be
      interesting to read more about the significance and holiness of the
      Mahasamadhi Day of a spiritual master in Indian tradition.

      Gratitude
      Vasanti