Re: Head above water

  • abhinabha
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2008
      Hi Suren,

      I am happy to hear that you are not losing heart over your country's
      difficulties. Here in Holland the financial collapse of Iceland has
      also been felt, as 120,000 people (including many city councils) had
      their savings stowed away in the Icelandic company "Icesave" which
      went bankrupt.

      It's good to notice however that people can still laugh about such
      matters. Last week our Dutch national soccer team played a World Cup
      qualifying match against Iceland. Before the match the Icelandic
      supporters rolled out a big banner, which read: "We have your money!"

      The stadium guards unfortunately couldn't appreciate the joke and the
      banner had to be rolled up. I don't have any money to save anyway, so
      I just laughed. All the way to the bank.

      Best,
      Abhinabha