running with Shudahota

  • abhinabha
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2008
      Last weekend saw the completion of the European leg of the World
      Harmony Run in Prague. The Czech disciples had organized a weekend
      full of events to bow out the Run in style. Sri Chinmoy had wanted
      this year's run to be gigantic and the closing ceremony definitely
      lived up to that epithet. It was one of the finest finale I have ever
      witnessed.

      None other than Carl Lewis - Shudahota as Sri Chinmoy has named him -
      had come flying over from the US to grace the final ceremony with his
      presence. I had the good fortune to be part of the core team of
      runners visiting the parliament early in the morning of Monday the 6th
      of October, accompanied by Shudahota and his ever-radiant smile. I
      spent the whole morning and afternoon basking in his blessingful presence.

      People's faces lit up whenever they saw this great Olympic champion.
      At every stop a group of youths would come running, photocamera in
      hand, for a picture with him. People everywhere have such love and
      respect for Shudahota. As one of the workers at the Czech ministry of
      youth, sports and education exclaimed, "Carl Lewis is our god!"

      Personally I am a big fan of Carl Lewis. Having read both of his books
      I am thrilled not only by his glorious athletic life, but also by his
      noble and self-giving heart. Shudahota has both outer greatness and
      inner goodness, a very rare and precious combination.

      The ceremony itself was stunning: a children's choir, musical groups
      representing all the 6 continents, a beautiful video, speeches by
      dignitaries, Olympic heroes, a symphonic youth orchestra, 7 white
      doves... all the ingredients for the perfect end to a perfect Run.

      http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/czechrepublic/news/2008/1006

      In world-harmony-oneness,

      Abhinabha