Re: Ted Corbit - The silent Brahmin

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2008
      Here is the song that Sri Chinmoy wrote for Ted Corbitt and we sang at
      the start of the 24-Hour race to honor Ted.

      "Ted Corbitt, Ted Corbitt, Ted!
      Runner-world revolution head.
      O softness runner-saint.
      Measureless miles your legs did paint.
      A brave champion is found.
      In Heavenly Silence-Sound."

      Thank you Shivaram and others who responded to the article about Ted
      and to those who may not respond but nevertheless appreciate the value
      of Ted's contributions to the running world and his friendship with
      Sri Chinmoy.

      As I stated in another post, Ted's son Gary also respects Sri Chinmoy
      to the extent that he prefaced his very long article about his father
      with this title and paragraph:

      "Remembering Theodore "Ted" Corbitt
      Master Teacher: The Silent Brahmin
      1919 – 2007

      "The Silent Brahmin" is the name given to Ted Corbitt by the late
      international spiritual leader Sri Chinmoy. The Brahmins are the
      philosophers of India. The name refers to the peace and wisdom Sri
      Chinmoy saw radiating from this quiet champion of the running world."

      For more about Ted Corbitt you can visit this site:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Corbitt

      Gratefully,
      Arpan