Beyond Inspiration's Door

  • utpalmarshall
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2008
      Asidhari is an extremely talented young artist who accomplished
      something most significant and unique this past summer. Over the
      course of 2 months of relentless work he crafted a larger than life
      size clay statue of Sri Chinmoy. His work, which has yet to make the
      transformation into an actual bronze statue, amazingly captures a real
      essence of what it was like to be in his living presence.

      http://heartlotus.blogspot.com/2008/08/dream-of-his-inspiration.html

      I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity of visiting the
      statue shortly after he completed it this past August. There is still
      a long journey to be made before it makes it's way out into the
      public, but as it is now it is a moving tribute to Sri Chinmoy that I
      suspect will be inspiring the world for years to come.

      much thanks
      Utpal
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2008
        Many thanks, Utpal, for posting your article with so incredible
        photos of Guru´s statue made by Asidhari.

        In August Celebrations I heard about the beauty of his dedicated work
        but was not able to visit his atelier in Manhattan. I am delighted at
        seeing it here!

        Gratefully,
        Suchana
      • utpalmarshall
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2008
          Thanks so much. Asidhari is a remarkable artist who just happens to be
          extremely difficult to keep track of all the other wonderful art
          projects he has been working on as well. I recently noticed has done
          a large wall mural at Oneness Fountain art restaurant. I never would
          have found out if I hadn't gone there. And o yes dinner was wonderful
          but the artistry there came from the kitchen

          Utpal