¨I Am An Eternal Journey¨

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2 6:14 AM
      Inspired by the last poem Guru read on the last evening function
      before taking Mahasamadhi, I am looking for poems which spread the
      meaning of these words. This is the first one:

      Enlightenment

      Salvation
      Is the first enlightenment
      In our inner eternal journey.

      Liberation
      Is the second enlightenment
      In our heavenward eternal journey.

      Realisation
      Is the third and last
      All-illumining and all-fulfilling
      Enlightenment
      In our eternal journey
      Toward ever-transcending
      Existence, Consciousness and Bliss.

      by Sri Chinmoy

      Excerpt from Silence-Seed And Sound-Fruit
      in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0246/1/44/

      In oneness,
      Suchana
    • suchana27
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 4 7:16 PM
        I have just found this third poem connected with Guru´s immortal
        words:

        Whomever you are, you are God´s eternal journey.
        Whomever you are, you are God´s inmost soul.

        by Sri Chinmoy
        from Arise! Awake! Thoughts of a Yogi
        in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0010/1/351/

        In oneness,
        Suchana
      • suchana27
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5 6:29 PM
          A fourth poem is:

          Her determined speed
          Is her eternal journey´s soul.
          Her adamantine will
          Gives her the immortal Victory´s Goal.

          by Sri Chinmoy
          from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 3
          in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0389/23

          In oneness,
          Suchana
        • cott_doris
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 6 1:32 AM
            The following poem (illustrated with much love and care - lovely color
            combinations, including Sri Chinmoy's picture and some of his
            soul-bird drawings) and other gifts travelled thousands of kilometres
            in August 2008 from New York to reach me in Zurich, well, a little later.

            My heart is all gratitude to the messengers and to the persons who
            offered them and also to Suchana for giving me the opportunity to send
            back my gratitude.

            In two days I will be travelling to New York. May the journey remind
            me of the immortal travelling together with our master and all the
            soulful pilgrims who are sailing (in) his Golden Boat.

            "My Master Lord Supreme,
            I love You, I love You
            Because You have given me two things absolutely unparalleled:
            The map for the eternal journey
            And the courage
            For the immortal travelling."

            -Sri Chinmoy

            http://tinyurl.com/3letac

            ~ ~ ~

            Doris

            P.S. The poem typed on Sri Chinmoy Library goes slightly but
            significantly different. The poem I received was possibly a prasad
            offering. Thank you very much. It is a very powerful and reassuring
            message and an immortal gift.
          • suchana27
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 6 7:16 PM
              I love this poetic masterpiece, it has offered me a sense of divine
              concern and oneness:

              An Inner Marathon

              The spiritual life is a marathon,
              An inner marathon which never ends.
              The Supreme is begging
              All His seeker-children
              To be excellent runners-
              To run speedily, like deer-
              In this eternal inner journey.

              by Sri Chinmoy
              Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 64
              in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0535/80

              Gratitude,
              Suchana
            • suchana27
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 8 5:51 PM
                This most special Prasad you, Doris, received from Guru´s Birthday
                adds its divinity to the 11 poems on this topic I would like to offer
                on these sacred days.

                By the time you are already in New York, I have found the following
                poem:

                God´s Compassion-Eye
                Is my journey´s eternal map.
                God´s Forgiveness-Heart
                Is my journey´s eternal strength.

                by Sri Chinmoy
                Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 13
                in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0420/59/

                Soulful days,
                Suchana
              • suchana27
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 9 7:12 PM
                  A seventh selected poem offering is:

                  Inspiration

                  Inspiration is at once the real mother and the real father of
                  imagination.
                  Imagination is the private tutor of aspiration.
                  Aspiration is the only pride of God the Dream-Boat, the eternal
                  journey and God the Reality-Shore.

                  by Sri Chinmoy
                  Excerpt from Silver Thought-Waves, Part 1
                  in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0851/1/16

                  Gratitude,
                  Suchana
                • suchana27
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 10 6:35 PM
                    The following poem conveys some of my very first inner feelings when
                    I started meditating with Guru:

                    Life is an eternal journey
                    Towards
                    An ever-transcending Goal.

                    by Sri Chinmoy
                    Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 24
                    in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1412/4427

                    Gratitude,
                    Suchana
                  • cott_doris
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 11 1:04 PM
                      Dear Suchana, I have access to the internet only for 15 minutes in a
                      public library in Queens... not very comfortable conditions. So here
                      is my quick thank you for the post.

                      Doris
                    • suchana27
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 12 7:43 PM
                        Some of Guru´s writings look like prose poems to me. This ninth
                        posting on this topic is a beautiful example:

                        ¨Freedom is the beauty of our aspiring-heart.

                        Freedom is the duty of our devoted life.

                        Our aspiring-heart is the Dream-sky of God.

                        Our devoted life is the Reality-sun of God.

                        With the Dream-sky of God, we pave an eternal road for our eternal
                        journey to the ever transcending Beyond.

                        With the Reality-sun of God, we grow into the very image of the
                        Absolute Supreme.¨

                        by Sri Chinmoy
                        Excerpt from My Maple Tree
                        in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0073/1/5
                      • suchana27
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 14 7:08 PM
                          Thirty-three years ago Guru offered a talk at the Chapel of the
                          Church Center for the United Nations and he emphasized the importance
                          of aspiration in this way:

                          ¨Aspiration is not and cannot be the destination. Aspiration is the
                          eternal journey. It is man´s eternal journey to self-transcendence in
                          the soul-light of perfection.

                          Aspiration is God´s eternal journey of supreme manifestation in the
                          satisfaction-heart of His transcendental Height, universal Length and
                          unfathomable Depth.

                          With aspiration God started His journey. With aspiration He asks His
                          children, His creation, to continue the journey.¨

                          by Sri Chinmoy
                          Excerpt from ´Union Vision´
                          in http://www.srichinmoylibray.com/books/0295/1/20

                          Gratitude,
                          Suchana
                        • suchana27
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 15 6:53 PM
                            It was such a nice surprise to know that Guru had published the book
                            entitled `The Eternal Journey´ in 1977; it has given me much joy to
                            spend some time reading partly of it at the weekend!

                            For this last posting on this topic I have chosen the following
                            paragraph for it reminds me the fulness of Guru´s life on the
                            physical and his illumining conscioussness in Immortality.

                            His assertions have the high power of convincing not only my human
                            but also my divine parts with flowing optimism. They also take me
                            closer to his ever new philosophy in which the human beings are not
                            seen as God´s slaves but as God´s partners:

                            ¨From now on, I shall always remain devoted to my life within. From
                            now on, my body shall sing and sing, my vital shall smile and smile,
                            my mind shall fly and fly, my heart shall dive and dive, my soul
                            shall spread and spread. No difficulty, no sorrow, no anxiety will be
                            able to assail me. I shall not fall. I shall not stumble. Onward I
                            shall march. Mine will be the life of the eternal journey, the
                            journey that has neither beginning nor end. This is the ever-
                            transcending journey, the journey that beckons humanity´s cry and
                            Divinity´s Smile.¨

                            by Sri Chinmoy
                            Excerpt from ´The Eternal Journey´
                            in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0733