The Olympics

  • tejvan13
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 7:29 AM
      It's the only time in 4 years, where I can somehow justify watching
      archery on television.

      The Olympics is a marvellous event, it must be great to participate in
      the games. However, I liked this observation by Sri Chinmoy about one
      of the greatest Olympians of all time - Emil Zatopek

      "Zatopek is sincerity incarnate. He has always given the topmost
      priority to truth in every aspect of his life. At times, his sincerity
      has been so soulfully moving. On the eve of the 1948 Olympics, his
      sincerity reached the highest height. "It was my first competition in
      Olympic Games and I was surprised to come to Olympic stadium and to
      read most important things about the Games: 'Not to win but to take
      part'. What—not to win? Ah, but I wish to win! "

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0408/1/10

      Emil Zatopek won 3 Gold medals at the 1952 Olympics.

      - 5,000 metres
      - 10,000 mertres
      - Marathon

      I am looking forward to watching more of the Olympics. I wonder
      whether Great Britain can get more medals than Australia this time?

      ~

      Tejvan