Re: Is Google making us stupid?

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2008
      I am in complete agreement. I'm really not a huge fan of computers
      myself but they seem to have become a necessary evil as it were in
      this modern world.

      Durga Mata and I were just talking about having to do our report
      cards on line and I find it very frustrating. Not just for the
      technical part of it, like when all the work you just spent 3 hours
      doing didn't save, even though you saved it; but for the
      impersonality of it.

      Before I could take pen to paper and write a meaningful unique
      comment about each child. I felt my energy and thoughts and caring
      going directly to them through my writing, but now that is no longer
      possible. Now we have comment blocks with a series of pre fab
      comments suitable for most situations. Just click, and the pre fab
      comment is entered.

      No longer can I write "Cheryl has such passion for music. It is
      evident the moment she walks in the classroom. Her enthusiasm is
      unbounded."

      Now it's "Student shows very good effort."

      I also feel this way about Television. I have made the decision to
      get rid of my television as I haven't used it to watch TV in a
      couple of years, I only use it for DVD's. I will buy a personal DVD
      player instead, this way I watch only what I want to watch, when I
      want to watch it, and I'm not subjected to what seems to be out
      there in TV land these days.
      And I won't have this huge monstrosity taking up room in my living
      room.
      I think a large statue of Ganesh is a much better choice for my
      living room:)

      Purnakama

      a luddite at heart