Re: Oh Beauty

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
      Purnakama, look what I found:

      "My Lord loves me.
      I do not have to know
      Why and how He loves me."

      (unofficial)

      Excerpt from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 10 by Sri Chinmoy.
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1257/373/

      with gratitude, Kamalakanta
    • nirmalapoems
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
        That poem just flowed out of me:

        Oh my Master
        With expectation or
        Without any expectation
        My present life needs
        A little receptivity:
        I do not want to be in the company
        Of those who are only tolerated.
        They are thinking of nothing but their own victory.
        My child
        The inspection of your own purity-life is
        The one and only help you need
        To listen all the time to your Master.
        -Nirmala

        -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > "Oh Beauty,
        > Why do I not embrace You?
        > Oh my Lord,
        > Why do I run away from You?
        >
        > My child,
        > In your inner life,
        > courage has to be your name.
        > In your outer life,
        > Self-giving has to be your game."
        > -Kamalakanta

      • cott_doris
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
          I just wanted to say how much joy I get from listening to your
          recordings, Kamalakanta. They are full of sweetness - one of your
          soul's qualities.

          On Radio Sri Chinmoy you can listen to his music:

          http://tinyurl.com/a5j66

          http://tinyurl.com/5bf8uv

          Enjoy (IN JOY)

          Doris
        • nirmalapoems
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
            After reading one poem in my notebook
            (given August 24th, 1993)
            I understood the urgency that
            He tried to convey us all the time, to be aware
            that his presence on earth is very limited and short.

            "O my heart
            Where are you?
            I am becoming increasingly aware
            Of your supreme importance in my
            God-manifestation and God-Satisfaction."

            unofficial quote by Sri Chinmoy

            Nirmala
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 7, 2008
              Thank you, Doris.

              I am now trying to manifest Guru's music with arrangements in which
              there is no chord progression accompanying the melody...they are more
              open and expansive.

              In these arrangements often I will put more than one melody at the
              same time, so that the melodies will provide each other with
              counterpoint and harmony, instead of using chords to do so....

              Here are some of the newer arrangements in this style, published iin
              Radio Sri Chinmoy:

              Param Pita Tomar Ashish
              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/37/

              "Inner Journey"
              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/224/

              Nirab Amare
              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/131/

              "Dusahasi Pather Mita" and "Amito Tomare"
              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/60/

              What Next, My Lord?
              http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/208/

              with gratitude, Kamalakanta