Re: Oh Beauty

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
      Thank you, Purnakama....another one just came! Here it goes:

      My Lord, why do You love me?

      "My child, this is really none of your business!
      Do I have to explain My Will to you?"

      My Dear Father-Lord, why do You love me?

      "My child, if you must know,
      I love you because you came from My Heart,
      I love you because you live inside My every heart-beat,
      I love you because, at the end of your journey's close,
      You shall return to my Delight-Flooded-Infinity-Love-Heart."

      My Dear Father-Lord, when you speak to me like this,
      My heart is flooded with peace,
      My eyes are flooded with tears
      And my life is flooded with delight.

      "My dear fondness-child,
      This proves
      Beyond the shadow of a doubt
      That you are Mine,
      Eternally and infinitely Mine,
      My child, My child."
      -Kamalakanta

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Kamalakanta for this beautiful offering.
      >
      > I feel so often a the collective consciousness in disciples poetry
      > as it often mirrors what I or others are feeling at the time.
      >
      > Your first stanza struck me powerfully as I have been feeling this
      > way lately, but I also felt at the same time Guru's loving heart
      > calling me back with love, forgiveness and compassion.
      >
      > Purnakama
      >
      > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >

      > > "Oh Beauty,
      > > Why do I not embrace You?
      > > Oh my Lord,
      > > Why do I run away from You?
      > >
      > > My child,
      > > In your inner life,
      > > courage has to be your name.
      > > In your outer life,
      > > Self-giving has to be your game."
      > > -Kamalakanta

    • nirmalapoems
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
        Dear Kamalakanta

        It is as if God didn't allow you to drink, a mean He didn't offer you
        anything to drink. But now a new glass of milk is presented to you and
        you drink not water but milk.

        Dibo ar mibo. Mibo ar dibo.
        (Take and give. Give and take)

        Nirmala
      • purnakama2000
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
          Keep them coming Kamalakanta.

          When I read these poems I feel like I could have written them such
          is the nature of my self doubting mind.

          I get so much inspiration from them, because we know that of course
          Guru loves us, but our mind needs to be reminded sometimes.

          Purnakama
        • nirmalapoems
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
            I am inspired to write I poem.

            My mind-forest

            For me there is no reply.
            But I shall become silent.
            All my heart's sorrows
            I shall give to the lasting
            Builders of bridges
            Inside my mind-forest.

            I close my eyes and I shall know
            Who the builders truly are.
            They will have no parallels, because
            the bridges are build the way
            I can use it best and the way a child
            sings and smiles inside my mind-forest.
            -Nirmala
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
              Purnakama, look what I found:

              "My Lord loves me.
              I do not have to know
              Why and how He loves me."

              (unofficial)

              Excerpt from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 10 by Sri Chinmoy.
              http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1257/373/

              with gratitude, Kamalakanta
            • nirmalapoems
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                That poem just flowed out of me:

                Oh my Master
                With expectation or
                Without any expectation
                My present life needs
                A little receptivity:
                I do not want to be in the company
                Of those who are only tolerated.
                They are thinking of nothing but their own victory.
                My child
                The inspection of your own purity-life is
                The one and only help you need
                To listen all the time to your Master.
                -Nirmala

                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > "Oh Beauty,
                > Why do I not embrace You?
                > Oh my Lord,
                > Why do I run away from You?
                >
                > My child,
                > In your inner life,
                > courage has to be your name.
                > In your outer life,
                > Self-giving has to be your game."
                > -Kamalakanta

              • cott_doris
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
                  I just wanted to say how much joy I get from listening to your
                  recordings, Kamalakanta. They are full of sweetness - one of your
                  soul's qualities.

                  On Radio Sri Chinmoy you can listen to his music:

                  http://tinyurl.com/a5j66

                  http://tinyurl.com/5bf8uv

                  Enjoy (IN JOY)

                  Doris
                • nirmalapoems
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
                    After reading one poem in my notebook
                    (given August 24th, 1993)
                    I understood the urgency that
                    He tried to convey us all the time, to be aware
                    that his presence on earth is very limited and short.

                    "O my heart
                    Where are you?
                    I am becoming increasingly aware
                    Of your supreme importance in my
                    God-manifestation and God-Satisfaction."

                    unofficial quote by Sri Chinmoy

                    Nirmala
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 7, 2008
                      Thank you, Doris.

                      I am now trying to manifest Guru's music with arrangements in which
                      there is no chord progression accompanying the melody...they are more
                      open and expansive.

                      In these arrangements often I will put more than one melody at the
                      same time, so that the melodies will provide each other with
                      counterpoint and harmony, instead of using chords to do so....

                      Here are some of the newer arrangements in this style, published iin
                      Radio Sri Chinmoy:

                      Param Pita Tomar Ashish
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/37/

                      "Inner Journey"
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/224/

                      Nirab Amare
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/131/

                      "Dusahasi Pather Mita" and "Amito Tomare"
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/60/

                      What Next, My Lord?
                      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/208/

                      with gratitude, Kamalakanta