Re: Oh Beauty

  • nirmalapoems
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
      Dear Purnakama

      Only with your reply I realize fully that it was Kamalakanta's own
      poem. First reaction was no more gratitude, a new subject, then I saw
      Kamalakanta's name at the bottom, but didn't acknowledged yet.

      Thank you again

      Nirmala

      - In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
        Thank you, Purnakama....another one just came! Here it goes:

        My Lord, why do You love me?

        "My child, this is really none of your business!
        Do I have to explain My Will to you?"

        My Dear Father-Lord, why do You love me?

        "My child, if you must know,
        I love you because you came from My Heart,
        I love you because you live inside My every heart-beat,
        I love you because, at the end of your journey's close,
        You shall return to my Delight-Flooded-Infinity-Love-Heart."

        My Dear Father-Lord, when you speak to me like this,
        My heart is flooded with peace,
        My eyes are flooded with tears
        And my life is flooded with delight.

        "My dear fondness-child,
        This proves
        Beyond the shadow of a doubt
        That you are Mine,
        Eternally and infinitely Mine,
        My child, My child."
        -Kamalakanta

        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Thank you Kamalakanta for this beautiful offering.
        >
        > I feel so often a the collective consciousness in disciples poetry
        > as it often mirrors what I or others are feeling at the time.
        >
        > Your first stanza struck me powerfully as I have been feeling this
        > way lately, but I also felt at the same time Guru's loving heart
        > calling me back with love, forgiveness and compassion.
        >
        > Purnakama
        >
        > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >

        > > "Oh Beauty,
        > > Why do I not embrace You?
        > > Oh my Lord,
        > > Why do I run away from You?
        > >
        > > My child,
        > > In your inner life,
        > > courage has to be your name.
        > > In your outer life,
        > > Self-giving has to be your game."
        > > -Kamalakanta

      • nirmalapoems
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
          Dear Kamalakanta

          It is as if God didn't allow you to drink, a mean He didn't offer you
          anything to drink. But now a new glass of milk is presented to you and
          you drink not water but milk.

          Dibo ar mibo. Mibo ar dibo.
          (Take and give. Give and take)

          Nirmala
        • purnakama2000
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
            Keep them coming Kamalakanta.

            When I read these poems I feel like I could have written them such
            is the nature of my self doubting mind.

            I get so much inspiration from them, because we know that of course
            Guru loves us, but our mind needs to be reminded sometimes.

            Purnakama
          • nirmalapoems
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
              I am inspired to write I poem.

              My mind-forest

              For me there is no reply.
              But I shall become silent.
              All my heart's sorrows
              I shall give to the lasting
              Builders of bridges
              Inside my mind-forest.

              I close my eyes and I shall know
              Who the builders truly are.
              They will have no parallels, because
              the bridges are build the way
              I can use it best and the way a child
              sings and smiles inside my mind-forest.
              -Nirmala
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                Purnakama, look what I found:

                "My Lord loves me.
                I do not have to know
                Why and how He loves me."

                (unofficial)

                Excerpt from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 10 by Sri Chinmoy.
                http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1257/373/

                with gratitude, Kamalakanta
              • nirmalapoems
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                  That poem just flowed out of me:

                  Oh my Master
                  With expectation or
                  Without any expectation
                  My present life needs
                  A little receptivity:
                  I do not want to be in the company
                  Of those who are only tolerated.
                  They are thinking of nothing but their own victory.
                  My child
                  The inspection of your own purity-life is
                  The one and only help you need
                  To listen all the time to your Master.
                  -Nirmala

                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > "Oh Beauty,
                  > Why do I not embrace You?
                  > Oh my Lord,
                  > Why do I run away from You?
                  >
                  > My child,
                  > In your inner life,
                  > courage has to be your name.
                  > In your outer life,
                  > Self-giving has to be your game."
                  > -Kamalakanta

                • cott_doris
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
                    I just wanted to say how much joy I get from listening to your
                    recordings, Kamalakanta. They are full of sweetness - one of your
                    soul's qualities.

                    On Radio Sri Chinmoy you can listen to his music:

                    http://tinyurl.com/a5j66

                    http://tinyurl.com/5bf8uv

                    Enjoy (IN JOY)

                    Doris
                  • nirmalapoems
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
                      After reading one poem in my notebook
                      (given August 24th, 1993)
                      I understood the urgency that
                      He tried to convey us all the time, to be aware
                      that his presence on earth is very limited and short.

                      "O my heart
                      Where are you?
                      I am becoming increasingly aware
                      Of your supreme importance in my
                      God-manifestation and God-Satisfaction."

                      unofficial quote by Sri Chinmoy

                      Nirmala
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 7, 2008
                        Thank you, Doris.

                        I am now trying to manifest Guru's music with arrangements in which
                        there is no chord progression accompanying the melody...they are more
                        open and expansive.

                        In these arrangements often I will put more than one melody at the
                        same time, so that the melodies will provide each other with
                        counterpoint and harmony, instead of using chords to do so....

                        Here are some of the newer arrangements in this style, published iin
                        Radio Sri Chinmoy:

                        Param Pita Tomar Ashish
                        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/37/

                        "Inner Journey"
                        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/224/

                        Nirab Amare
                        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/131/

                        "Dusahasi Pather Mita" and "Amito Tomare"
                        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/60/

                        What Next, My Lord?
                        http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/208/

                        with gratitude, Kamalakanta