Re: forgiveness

  • nirmalapoems
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      Dear Purnakama

      My best song at the moment is "I am loved by my sweet children deeply,
      I am loved by them sleeplessly, they are mine and I am Thine, we shall
      grow and we shall glow sempiternally." (unofficial quote) I feel with
      this song and the beautiful melody that Guru puts us right in front of
      his Lord Supreme with "I am Thine".
      For me it explains well that the Supreme wants us to come to Him
      one day without our so called mistakes, even those we could commit
      tomorrow.

      Sempiternal means everlasting, forever,

      > God's and our Guru's love for us is untiring and unending.

      > "We can pray to God for forgiveness for the things we did today, or
      > yesterday or even the things that we will do in the future.It is not
      > a joke. It is absolutely necessary. Good seekers do not know what
      > will happen in the future. The next moment they may commit a
      > Himalayan blunder. Right now they are in a good consciousness, so
      > they pray to God, "Please forgive me now for the things that I am
      > going to do tomorrow."

      Thank you Purnakama, it really helps to be aware at any moment. We
      have to protect our spiritual life, we are in the outside world and
      not like nuns or priests in an cloister.

      Nirmala

      -- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > I came across the following passages on forgiveness in the Disciples
      > Companion volume II. It came originally from Sri Chinmoy Answers
      > part 34.
      > It gave me a whole new perspective on forgiveness, and a renewed
      > sense of gratitude for being shown the path around life's obstacles.
      >
      > "We can pray to God for forgiveness for the things we did today, or
      > yesterday or even the things that we will do in the future.It is not
      > a joke. It is absolutely necessary. Good seekers do not know what
      > will happen in the future. The next moment they may commit a
      > Himalayan blunder. Right now they are in a good consciousness, so
      > they pray to God, "Please forgive me now for the things that I am
      > going to do tomorrow."
      >
      > You may laugh. You do not believe that you are going to make a great
      > mistake tomorrow. But this prayer is absolutely essential. If you
      > ask God to forgive you for the mistakes that you will commit
      > tomorrow, it is like saving money and putting it in the bank. Then,
      > when you really do something wrong, God will see the balance and you
      > can take the money back.
      >
      > If you ask God to forgive you for your future mistakes, then when
      > you do make a mistake you will see that your forgiveness prayer is
      > negating the mistake.
      >
      > We must come to a point where we can say "I am not perfect. I can at
      > any moment make mistakes. So the best thing is to ask for God's
      > forgiveness. If God forgives me today for tomorrow's mistakes then
      > already I have nullified tomorrow's problem by using my wisdom
      > today."
      >
      > This is absolutely true. Tomorrow's mistakes can be nullified if you
      > cry to God today for His forgiveness."
      >
      > This just shows us how infinite God's compassion is.
      > He wants so much for us us to realise Him that he is willing to
      > negate not only our past and present mistakes, but even mistakes
      > that we have not even made yet.
      >
      > How beautiful, and how humbling.
      >
      > God's and our Guru's love for us is untiring and unending.
      >
      > (all unofficial quotes) by Sri Chinmoy
      >

      > Purnakama

    • melinda_geelong
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        Synchronicity is a beautiful thing Purnakama! I haven't posted for eons and considred that
        today I would confess that all is not always right (in the State of Victoria) and lo and
        behold the universe once again contrives to put your posting at the forefront.

        I was reading about forgiveness too the other night and the thing that struck me most was
        the understanding that forgiveness is not always about making mistakes but more about
        raising our conciousness so that we may be reached by the Supreme in times of need. If
        our conciousness descends we will be more likely to make mistakes and need forgiveness.
        God is often just trying (and trying) to raise our consciousness an iota so that we can
        receive his blessings which many of us call forgiveness.

        My subject today is more a confession from which I hope others may benefit as the fire of
        my infernal rage dies down sufficiently for my consciousness to rise sufficiently to receive
        some of the said blessings.

        I discovered with uncomfortable intensity this week the dire consequences of lowering of
        consciousness and dominance of the mind. I was consumed with an indescribable rage for
        over 48 hours. The most shocking thing about it was that I was cherishing it as though it
        was the only thing that mattered. More shocking still was the devastating effects it had on
        those around me, something for which I pray forgiveness does descend.

        Fortunately I came to the realisation that my mind was the culprit (isn't it always?) and was
        able to break through by forcing myself to read Guru's writings. How could it be possible
        to have to FORCE yourself to read Guru's writings? Such is the power of the mind and its
        quenchless thirst for power in my life.

        I have been challenged and confronted by my mind on numerous occasions on this
        spiritual quest but it never ceases to amaze me how a clever mind will find new ways to
        derail me just when I think it is tamed. My mind is a wild beast that needs pacifying.

        To cut a tedious story short and get to the crux, my mind was rebelling furiously at not
        having control of my life. This sounds simple and it is. Put simply, if we cry for inner
        guidance every day of our lives we also have to cry for illumination of our lower selves so
        that we do not obstruct ourselves from making spiritual progress. As a parent partly
        responsible for two other lives, the difficulty of allowing my higher self to guide us all
        safely through the battlefield is often hampered by a controlling mind that sees an
        opportunity to try to dominate. My anger was that of a mind seeking to control that over
        which it has little control.

        I haven't worked out the whole answer yet but fortunately hard work pays off and Guru's
        promise to help us will never ever be broken despite what our mind will sometimes try to
        make us believe.
        "Please forgive me now for all the things that I am going to do tomorrow"

        In Oneness
        Melinda

        wrote:

        > I came across the following passages on forgiveness in the Disciples
        > Companion volume II. It came originally from Sri Chinmoy Answers
        > part 34.
        > It gave me a whole new perspective on forgiveness, and a renewed
        > sense of gratitude for being shown the path around life's obstacles.
        >
        > "We can pray to God for forgiveness for the things we did today, or
        > yesterday or even the things that we will do in the future.It is not
        > a joke. It is absolutely necessary. Good seekers do not know what
        > will happen in the future. The next moment they may commit a
        > Himalayan blunder. Right now they are in a good consciousness, so
        > they pray to God, "Please forgive me now for the things that I am
        > going to do tomorrow."
        >
        > You may laugh. You do not believe that you are going to make a great
        > mistake tomorrow. But this prayer is absolutely essential. If you
        > ask God to forgive you for the mistakes that you will commit
        > tomorrow, it is like saving money and putting it in the bank. Then,
        > when you really do something wrong, God will see the balance and you
        > can take the money back.
        >
        > If you ask God to forgive you for your future mistakes, then when
        > you do make a mistake you will see that your forgiveness prayer is
        > negating the mistake.
        >
        > We must come to a point where we can say "I am not perfect. I can at
        > any moment make mistakes. So the best thing is to ask for God's
        > forgiveness. If God forgives me today for tomorrow's mistakes then
        > already I have nullified tomorrow's problem by using my wisdom
        > today."
        >
        > This is absolutely true. Tomorrow's mistakes can be nullified if you
        > cry to God today for His forgiveness."
        >
        > This just shows us how infinite God's compassion is.
        > He wants so much for us us to realise Him that he is willing to
        > negate not only our past and present mistakes, but even mistakes
        > that we have not even made yet.
        >
        > How beautiful, and how humbling.
        >
        > God's and our Guru's love for us is untiring and unending.
        >
        > (all unofficial quotes) by Sri Chinmoy
        >

        > Purnakama

      • purnakama2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
          Thank you Melinda for your beautiful honesty.
          My mind has also been torturing me for the last few days; not with
          anger, but with other things.

          I too find that sometimes my mind is so stubborn that it has to be
          forced to read Guru's writings as well. I've stopped feeling bad
          about it. As long as I do the right thing, what my mind thinks is of
          no consequence.

          Tonight I had the experience of once again going through mind
          torture, and I had to give a class tonight. I struggled to make my
          mind quiet and meditate before the class, then I opened up Beyond
          Within, and like a fresh breeze, Guru gave the answer that I needed,
          and I was able to go and have a wonderful class.

          I think the key is to pray for forgiveness past present and future,
          and don't be too hard on yourself when the mind rears its ugly head.
          Self flagellation only makes it worse. Remember that we are the soul
          and not the mind, and it's just that the mind has not been
          sufficiently touched by the soul yet, and it will just take time.

          Hope you are feeling better, and that everything is finally settled
          for you:)

          Purnakama