Re: Oh Beauty

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2008
      Thank you Kamalakanta for this beautiful offering.

      I feel so often a the collective consciousness in disciples poetry
      as it often mirrors what I or others are feeling at the time.

      Your first stanza struck me powerfully as I have been feeling this
      way lately, but I also felt at the same time Guru's loving heart
      calling me back with love, forgiveness and compassion.

      Purnakama

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > "Oh Beauty,
      > Why do I not embrace You?
      > Oh my Lord,
      > Why do I run away from You?
      >
      > My child,
      > In your inner life,
      > courage has to be your name.
      > In your outer life,
      > Self-giving has to be your game."
      > -Kamalakanta

    • nirmalapoems
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
        Dear Purnakama

        Only with your reply I realize fully that it was Kamalakanta's own
        poem. First reaction was no more gratitude, a new subject, then I saw
        Kamalakanta's name at the bottom, but didn't acknowledged yet.

        Thank you again

        Nirmala

        - In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
          Thank you, Purnakama....another one just came! Here it goes:

          My Lord, why do You love me?

          "My child, this is really none of your business!
          Do I have to explain My Will to you?"

          My Dear Father-Lord, why do You love me?

          "My child, if you must know,
          I love you because you came from My Heart,
          I love you because you live inside My every heart-beat,
          I love you because, at the end of your journey's close,
          You shall return to my Delight-Flooded-Infinity-Love-Heart."

          My Dear Father-Lord, when you speak to me like this,
          My heart is flooded with peace,
          My eyes are flooded with tears
          And my life is flooded with delight.

          "My dear fondness-child,
          This proves
          Beyond the shadow of a doubt
          That you are Mine,
          Eternally and infinitely Mine,
          My child, My child."
          -Kamalakanta

          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Thank you Kamalakanta for this beautiful offering.
          >
          > I feel so often a the collective consciousness in disciples poetry
          > as it often mirrors what I or others are feeling at the time.
          >
          > Your first stanza struck me powerfully as I have been feeling this
          > way lately, but I also felt at the same time Guru's loving heart
          > calling me back with love, forgiveness and compassion.
          >
          > Purnakama
          >
          > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >

          > > "Oh Beauty,
          > > Why do I not embrace You?
          > > Oh my Lord,
          > > Why do I run away from You?
          > >
          > > My child,
          > > In your inner life,
          > > courage has to be your name.
          > > In your outer life,
          > > Self-giving has to be your game."
          > > -Kamalakanta

        • nirmalapoems
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
            Dear Kamalakanta

            It is as if God didn't allow you to drink, a mean He didn't offer you
            anything to drink. But now a new glass of milk is presented to you and
            you drink not water but milk.

            Dibo ar mibo. Mibo ar dibo.
            (Take and give. Give and take)

            Nirmala
          • purnakama2000
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
              Keep them coming Kamalakanta.

              When I read these poems I feel like I could have written them such
              is the nature of my self doubting mind.

              I get so much inspiration from them, because we know that of course
              Guru loves us, but our mind needs to be reminded sometimes.

              Purnakama
            • nirmalapoems
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
                I am inspired to write I poem.

                My mind-forest

                For me there is no reply.
                But I shall become silent.
                All my heart's sorrows
                I shall give to the lasting
                Builders of bridges
                Inside my mind-forest.

                I close my eyes and I shall know
                Who the builders truly are.
                They will have no parallels, because
                the bridges are build the way
                I can use it best and the way a child
                sings and smiles inside my mind-forest.
                -Nirmala
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                  Purnakama, look what I found:

                  "My Lord loves me.
                  I do not have to know
                  Why and how He loves me."

                  (unofficial)

                  Excerpt from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 10 by Sri Chinmoy.
                  http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1257/373/

                  with gratitude, Kamalakanta
                • nirmalapoems
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                    That poem just flowed out of me:

                    Oh my Master
                    With expectation or
                    Without any expectation
                    My present life needs
                    A little receptivity:
                    I do not want to be in the company
                    Of those who are only tolerated.
                    They are thinking of nothing but their own victory.
                    My child
                    The inspection of your own purity-life is
                    The one and only help you need
                    To listen all the time to your Master.
                    -Nirmala

                    <no_reply@...> wrote:

                    > "Oh Beauty,
                    > Why do I not embrace You?
                    > Oh my Lord,
                    > Why do I run away from You?
                    >
                    > My child,
                    > In your inner life,
                    > courage has to be your name.
                    > In your outer life,
                    > Self-giving has to be your game."
                    > -Kamalakanta

                  • cott_doris
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
                      I just wanted to say how much joy I get from listening to your
                      recordings, Kamalakanta. They are full of sweetness - one of your
                      soul's qualities.

                      On Radio Sri Chinmoy you can listen to his music:

                      http://tinyurl.com/a5j66

                      http://tinyurl.com/5bf8uv

                      Enjoy (IN JOY)

                      Doris
                    • nirmalapoems
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
                        After reading one poem in my notebook
                        (given August 24th, 1993)
                        I understood the urgency that
                        He tried to convey us all the time, to be aware
                        that his presence on earth is very limited and short.

                        "O my heart
                        Where are you?
                        I am becoming increasingly aware
                        Of your supreme importance in my
                        God-manifestation and God-Satisfaction."

                        unofficial quote by Sri Chinmoy

                        Nirmala
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 7, 2008
                          Thank you, Doris.

                          I am now trying to manifest Guru's music with arrangements in which
                          there is no chord progression accompanying the melody...they are more
                          open and expansive.

                          In these arrangements often I will put more than one melody at the
                          same time, so that the melodies will provide each other with
                          counterpoint and harmony, instead of using chords to do so....

                          Here are some of the newer arrangements in this style, published iin
                          Radio Sri Chinmoy:

                          Param Pita Tomar Ashish
                          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/37/

                          "Inner Journey"
                          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/224/

                          Nirab Amare
                          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/131/

                          "Dusahasi Pather Mita" and "Amito Tomare"
                          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/60/

                          What Next, My Lord?
                          http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/208/

                          with gratitude, Kamalakanta