Oh Beauty

    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2008
      "Oh Beauty,
      Why do I not embrace You?
      Oh my Lord,
      Why do I run away from You?

      My child,
      In your inner life,
      courage has to be your name.
      In your outer life,
      Self-giving has to be your game."
      -Kamalakanta
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2008
        Thank you Kamalakanta for this beautiful offering.

        I feel so often a the collective consciousness in disciples poetry
        as it often mirrors what I or others are feeling at the time.

        Your first stanza struck me powerfully as I have been feeling this
        way lately, but I also felt at the same time Guru's loving heart
        calling me back with love, forgiveness and compassion.

        Purnakama

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > "Oh Beauty,
        > Why do I not embrace You?
        > Oh my Lord,
        > Why do I run away from You?
        >
        > My child,
        > In your inner life,
        > courage has to be your name.
        > In your outer life,
        > Self-giving has to be your game."
        > -Kamalakanta

      • nirmalapoems
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
          Dear Purnakama

          Only with your reply I realize fully that it was Kamalakanta's own
          poem. First reaction was no more gratitude, a new subject, then I saw
          Kamalakanta's name at the bottom, but didn't acknowledged yet.

          Thank you again

          Nirmala

          - In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2008
            Thank you, Purnakama....another one just came! Here it goes:

            My Lord, why do You love me?

            "My child, this is really none of your business!
            Do I have to explain My Will to you?"

            My Dear Father-Lord, why do You love me?

            "My child, if you must know,
            I love you because you came from My Heart,
            I love you because you live inside My every heart-beat,
            I love you because, at the end of your journey's close,
            You shall return to my Delight-Flooded-Infinity-Love-Heart."

            My Dear Father-Lord, when you speak to me like this,
            My heart is flooded with peace,
            My eyes are flooded with tears
            And my life is flooded with delight.

            "My dear fondness-child,
            This proves
            Beyond the shadow of a doubt
            That you are Mine,
            Eternally and infinitely Mine,
            My child, My child."
            -Kamalakanta

            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Thank you Kamalakanta for this beautiful offering.
            >
            > I feel so often a the collective consciousness in disciples poetry
            > as it often mirrors what I or others are feeling at the time.
            >
            > Your first stanza struck me powerfully as I have been feeling this
            > way lately, but I also felt at the same time Guru's loving heart
            > calling me back with love, forgiveness and compassion.
            >
            > Purnakama
            >
            > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, kamalakanta47
            > <no_reply@> wrote:
            > >

            > > "Oh Beauty,
            > > Why do I not embrace You?
            > > Oh my Lord,
            > > Why do I run away from You?
            > >
            > > My child,
            > > In your inner life,
            > > courage has to be your name.
            > > In your outer life,
            > > Self-giving has to be your game."
            > > -Kamalakanta

          • nirmalapoems
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
              Dear Kamalakanta

              It is as if God didn't allow you to drink, a mean He didn't offer you
              anything to drink. But now a new glass of milk is presented to you and
              you drink not water but milk.

              Dibo ar mibo. Mibo ar dibo.
              (Take and give. Give and take)

              Nirmala
            • purnakama2000
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 3, 2008
                Keep them coming Kamalakanta.

                When I read these poems I feel like I could have written them such
                is the nature of my self doubting mind.

                I get so much inspiration from them, because we know that of course
                Guru loves us, but our mind needs to be reminded sometimes.

                Purnakama
              • nirmalapoems
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 4, 2008
                  I am inspired to write I poem.

                  My mind-forest

                  For me there is no reply.
                  But I shall become silent.
                  All my heart's sorrows
                  I shall give to the lasting
                  Builders of bridges
                  Inside my mind-forest.

                  I close my eyes and I shall know
                  Who the builders truly are.
                  They will have no parallels, because
                  the bridges are build the way
                  I can use it best and the way a child
                  sings and smiles inside my mind-forest.
                  -Nirmala
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                    Purnakama, look what I found:

                    "My Lord loves me.
                    I do not have to know
                    Why and how He loves me."

                    (unofficial)

                    Excerpt from Seventy-Seven Thousand Service-Trees, Part 10 by Sri Chinmoy.
                    http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1257/373/

                    with gratitude, Kamalakanta
                  • nirmalapoems
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
                      That poem just flowed out of me:

                      Oh my Master
                      With expectation or
                      Without any expectation
                      My present life needs
                      A little receptivity:
                      I do not want to be in the company
                      Of those who are only tolerated.
                      They are thinking of nothing but their own victory.
                      My child
                      The inspection of your own purity-life is
                      The one and only help you need
                      To listen all the time to your Master.
                      -Nirmala

                      <no_reply@...> wrote:

                      > "Oh Beauty,
                      > Why do I not embrace You?
                      > Oh my Lord,
                      > Why do I run away from You?
                      >
                      > My child,
                      > In your inner life,
                      > courage has to be your name.
                      > In your outer life,
                      > Self-giving has to be your game."
                      > -Kamalakanta

                    • cott_doris
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
                        I just wanted to say how much joy I get from listening to your
                        recordings, Kamalakanta. They are full of sweetness - one of your
                        soul's qualities.

                        On Radio Sri Chinmoy you can listen to his music:

                        http://tinyurl.com/a5j66

                        http://tinyurl.com/5bf8uv

                        Enjoy (IN JOY)

                        Doris
                      • nirmalapoems
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
                          After reading one poem in my notebook
                          (given August 24th, 1993)
                          I understood the urgency that
                          He tried to convey us all the time, to be aware
                          that his presence on earth is very limited and short.

                          "O my heart
                          Where are you?
                          I am becoming increasingly aware
                          Of your supreme importance in my
                          God-manifestation and God-Satisfaction."

                          unofficial quote by Sri Chinmoy

                          Nirmala
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 7, 2008
                            Thank you, Doris.

                            I am now trying to manifest Guru's music with arrangements in which
                            there is no chord progression accompanying the melody...they are more
                            open and expansive.

                            In these arrangements often I will put more than one melody at the
                            same time, so that the melodies will provide each other with
                            counterpoint and harmony, instead of using chords to do so....

                            Here are some of the newer arrangements in this style, published iin
                            Radio Sri Chinmoy:

                            Param Pita Tomar Ashish
                            http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/37/

                            "Inner Journey"
                            http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/224/

                            Nirab Amare
                            http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/131/

                            "Dusahasi Pather Mita" and "Amito Tomare"
                            http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/60/

                            What Next, My Lord?
                            http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/208/

                            with gratitude, Kamalakanta