Re: Eckhart Tolle - The Power of Now

  • natalia_1331
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2008
      Eckhart Tolle's discussion of his book can be viewed here:

      http://www.oprah.com/obc_classic/webcast/archive/archive_watchnow.jsp

      He did a webcast with Oprah - ten classes in all - discussing his
      book, "A New Earth". It was a live webcast spanning ten weeks.
      Viewer phoned in questions as part of the program.

      P.S. Eckhart Tolle is from Norway (or so I heard).
    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2008
        I had a similiar thought like Arpan who said in message 22722:

        "I felt that if he (Eckhart Tolle) had ever met Sri Chinmoy he would
        have been so grateful and humbled in his presence. It seems that
        there are spiritual teachers on many levels trying to uplift humanity
        in every possible way and through all the inevitable avenues of
        life's activities."

        In the newsletter Inspiration Sun nr.3 Arthada from Vienna, Austria
        writes (excerpt from his article A Galaxy of Gurus):

        "[...] There is another master living in Croatia who is a disciple of
        a disciple of Sri Ramakrishna. Among the disciples of this master are
        a husband and wife who are blind. When this couple decided to move to
        Vienna several years ago, their master told them that since Vienna
        was home to a Sri Chinmoy Centre, this would be an opportunity to
        become Sri Chinmoy's disciples[...]

        [...] A few months later Sri Chinmoy was planning to give a concert
        in Slovenia, which is close to Croatia...Shortly after Sri Chinmoy's
        visit to Slovenia the same seeker called me back. He told me that he
        went to Slovenia on his own. When he got there he joined the master
        and the master's other disciples and they all went to Sri Chinmoy's
        concert. He said that he felt he was bathing in a sea of light while
        he was there. This experience continued for days after the concert.
        He said that he still saw Sri Chinmoy's light everywhere[...]

        [...] I was also moved by the Croatian master. His heart was large
        enough to offer his own long-term and very devoted disciples to Sri
        Chinmoy. [...]"

        One of my favourite recordings by Sri Chinmoy is Songs Of The Soul.
        At least once a week I am listening to it.

        Here is the part to read about The Mind:

        http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0009/?searchterm=Songs%20Of%
        20The%20Soul

        "Now
        Is always
        The best time."

        -Sri Chinmoy
        From 27'000 Aspiration-Plants
        (unofficial)

        ~ ~ ~

        Doris

        P.S. Dear Natalie, Eckhart Tolle looks a bit like a Norwegian, but
        according to wikipedia he was born in Dortmund, Germany in 1948. He
        changed his name from Ulrich to Eckhart possibly hinting to the
        mystic Master Eckhart who also lived in Gotha, Germany from 1260-1328