Re: aj agamanir

  • dmchaudhurani
    Message 1 of 13 , May 5, 2008
      Hello Rintu,
      It's lovely to read your post and find that this song is linked to me
      through my Soul's Name. Now I'm impatient to hear and learn it.

      You have been busy - which explains perhaps why no continuing series
      of posts. (Personal Pearls I think you called them.) I'm sure many of
      us were enjoying the inspiring stories you were posting earlier in the
      year. Now it's May. The year is racing past. But I hope you will find
      time to write more of your personal-experience stories, which will in
      turn inspire more people to share their treasured memories.

      You inspired me to write my Gratitude-Blossoms series but I've not
      written one of them for a while. So you not-writing for some time is
      inspiring me to think about my next one. I too am very busy at the
      moment but I will try to make time for it - just because I know how
      your stories inspire me. And rather than writing about something
      inspiring and nice that is happening now I will try to find time to
      meditate and share a personal pearl, as you have so well, which
      recounts some inspiring incident with Guru.

      When I am with disciple brothers and sisters - or even just with
      friends who love Guru, we often share stories and anecdotes about our
      experiences with him. It would be lovely to read more of these on
      Inspiration and have a way of sharing and recording them while they
      are still fresh in our memories. Is anyone collecting stories like these?

      I hope you will be able to find time soon for another 'Personal Pearl.
      Thankyou again for the translation of "aagamani."

      All the best in everything,

      Durga-Mata
    • shivaramgi
      Message 2 of 13 , May 5, 2008
        The song Aaj Aaagamanii rabahone keshur uthilo boye - This is a
        traditional Bengali song welcoming Mother Goddess as a young girl at
        the beginning of Durgapooja which is the biggest festival in all of
        Bengal - I used to know somewhat but know only some lines (not a
        Bengali mother tongue) - you may even get the text in the internet

        Every Bengali knows this song - Ask Mahatapa or Rintu - ( It may be be
        describing the ochre coloured dawn on that day - not sure
      • sunabin_mamayev
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 7, 2010
          Hello Rintu!

          I had been browsing Sri Chinmoy Inspiration looking for Aj agamanir song until I found your wonderful post. It would be very kind of you to post the entire lyrics also, I couldn't find the song anywhere on the Internet.

          Thanks,
          Sunabin.

          PS. Hi all! It has been a few years since the last time I posted anything here, due to little time and slow Inet connections! Great to be back. ;-)
        • cott.doris
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 2010
          • purnakama2000
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 8, 2010
              Thank you Doris for this link!

              I just came home from our class and came to the site and immediately listened to it.
              It is absolutely one of my favorites, and Guru sings it with such soulful power!

              In fact I think it was me who asked about the translation and then Rintu kindly replied.

              I must listen again before going to sleep:)

              Purnakama
            • sunabin_mamayev
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 9, 2010
                It must be a real gem to be picked out of so many traditional Bengali songs! I tried to take down the words from the recording, but failed...
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 10, 2010
                  Dear all,

                  Rintu, from Singapore, used to sing this song with Sri Chinmoy. They would sing together some of Tagore's songs...

                  Here is a link to Rintu singing it:

                  http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/295/

                  it is track 12, Rintu 16 October....

                  with gratitude, Kamalakanta
                • cott.doris
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 11, 2010
                    ...and I thank you, Purnakarma, for asking about it. I shall ask Kedar for the video. When you open the link and scroll down you will be able to reread the posts (I still can't get used to the "new" version of the Inspiration-Group site).

                    Thank you, Kamalakanta, for posting the link Rintu singing for Sri Chinmoy the song Aj Agamanir and other songs. I met Rintu on a Christmas trip some years back, he is a simple, very kindhearted person.

                    It is one of many gems Guru ever wrote and composed. I had bookmarked the song, and so found it very quickly. Thank you, Sunabin, for reminding us of it. I too tried to write down the words but it is difficult to understand them properly.

                    Doris
                  • purnakama2000
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 11, 2010
                      Thank you Kamalakanta for posting all of these.
                      It was cathartic to listen to them all again.
                      Most especially Sahadeva's group singing "Our dearest Guru,no farewell, no farewell..."

                      yours in music,

                      Purnakama
                    • purnakama2000
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 12, 2010
                        Hi Doris,

                        The video that I was speaking of was not one done by Kedar, although I would like to know if Kedar has a video of the Christchurch concert where I saw Guru perform this.
                        I believe the video I have was done by Shardul and I only have it on VHS so I can no longer watch it.

                        I'll be back in Germany this summer, so perhaps we'll see each other at Pujaloy:)

                        Purnakama