Re: Video of World Harmony Run ceremony in Dublin

  • shane_dublincentre
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2008
      Actually I have a very nice story about the balloons.

      I didn't see it (and you cant see it in the video) but Ambarish and
      Shardul both say they saw one solitary balloon detach itself from the
      rest and go on its own merry way.

      Last year a mother brought her sons to a lunchtime meditation class I
      was giving. I must have mentioned somewhere along the line that I was
      a maths tutor, because she got in touch with me a few months later
      wondering could I give lessons to one of her sons.

      Recently her brother developed cancer at the very young age of 35, and
      he was basically told he had a couple of weeks to live. However the
      doctors obviously didn't reckon with his battling qualities. He asked
      through her sister could I teach him to meditate to cope with the
      physical and mental strains of what he is going through. He's still
      not out of the woods yet, but he might be over the worst. Certainly I
      am getting much more inspiration from him when I visit than he is
      getting from me.

      In the afternoon, a few hours after the WHR ceremony, he saw a
      solitary red balloon floating outside his hospital window, which
      somehow really cheered him up.

      Shane
    • natalia_1331
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2008
        Hello Shane,

        Well done. This is a nice news piece.

        I downloaded this news segment onto a DVD and will give it to you in
        London on the 19th.

        Meanwhile, if you wish to try to download it you can do the following:

        Install 'Real Player' (again) on your computer. This time, be sure to
        select a choice that says something like:

        Enable button for downloading web videos (or some such thing).

        Then when the Real Player screen appears, it will have the logo of
        Real Player in the lower right corner. When you click on that, a
        library appears and the video you are watching is listed.

        Then the tricky thing is that you have to upgrade your free
        "membership" to a paid one in order to download and record videos.
        However, you will be offered a 14 day trial membership for which you
        have to give a credit card. The card is not charged but if you forget
        to cancel, your card will then be charged.

        The first step is to select the disc type - CD or DVD.
        The second step is to select clip from your library list of downloads
        and add it to the "right column" which is your burn list.
        The third step is to burn the DVD.

        It is really easy - I did it in the space of about ten minutes after
        reading your post. My advantage was that my brother had removed Real
        Player from my computer after giving me a lecture about having too
        many downloaded programs and how they will mess things up on the
        computer. Since I wished to see the news piece you gave the link to,
        I had to re-download Real Player and noticed this 'download web
        videos' choice only because of your question. Until I told you that, I
        bet you were impressed that I figured it out!

        I would post it to you but I think I will arrive in London before it
        would arrive in Ireland. Also, I would not be surprised if you were
        soon to be on your way to London to help with the concert.

        Natalie

        P.S. You still do not like apostrophes.