pilgrimage

  • kaushalyacasey
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2008
      As Day one of Joy days in Europe approaches, I happened to pick up "A
      Peace-Collecting Pilgrim-Soul' from the book shelf at Annapurna. At
      a talk on May 16, 1998 in Rome, Sri Chinmoy recited several poems
      about pilgrims. Even for those of us not travelling to Germany, we
      can enter the prayerful spirit of pilgrimage, offering our hearts'
      wishes for a divine time.

      I am a peace-collecting pilgrim soul.
      To love the heart of the unknown, my only goal.
      Newness-heart-life beckons my dreaming breath.
      I see nowhere darkness and bondage-death.

      Today
      My hope-heart-pilgrim
      Shall travel a long distance
      To have a glimpse
      Of God's Compassion-Eye.

      The life's simplicity,
      The mind's sincerity
      And the heart's purity
      Are fellow pilgrims upon the path
      That leads to God's Kingdom.

      God sits by His heart-Window
      And watches and enjoys
      The sincerity, beauty and purity
      Of all pilgrim-seekers.

      May my heart's tears
      And my life's promises
      Walk along
      My soul's pilgrim-journey-road.

      (nofficial copy)

      Gratitude, Kaushalya
    • cott_doris
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2008
        Dear Kaushalya,

        I wanted to thank you for your poems on pilgrimage. I am not sure you
        are coming to the joydays in Germany? I feel privileged to go on this
        pilgrimage today and wish all those who would like to come but cannot
        or do not come that we will include you all in our joys and
        meditations.

        I will print out your message and glue it to the entrance door of the
        function hall so that many people can read your kind words and the
        poems by Sri Chinmoy.

        As far as I know we will have many guests from other countries.