Re: aj agamanir

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3 4:10 PM
      Rintu, a thousand thank you's!

      What a beautiful translation, and not at all awkward. Having the
      translation brings a whole new life to this song and makes it all
      that more meaningful and powerful. I always felt a power in my soul
      whenever I heard it or sang it, but now my mind can be part of the
      song journey and can help to bring its power and soulfulness to the
      fore.

      Guru sings this song on a Kedar video; Christchurch Christmas Trip
      2002/03 part 1. The whole video is sublime, but it was worth buying
      it just to see Guru perform that one song.

      I would have loved to hear you perform this with Guru. I know that I
      have mentioned this before on this site, but I appreciate like
      anything the gift of singing that you were able to give Guru. You
      gave him such a deep joy when you sang with him and for him, and
      those of us who were lucky enough to be in the audience were
      grateful to have shared in that joy.

      Now I must go and print out this translation so that I can absorb
      its beautiful meaning.

      Gratitude,

      Purnakama
    • dmchaudhurani
      Message 2 of 13 , May 5 5:56 PM
        Hello Rintu,
        It's lovely to read your post and find that this song is linked to me
        through my Soul's Name. Now I'm impatient to hear and learn it.

        You have been busy - which explains perhaps why no continuing series
        of posts. (Personal Pearls I think you called them.) I'm sure many of
        us were enjoying the inspiring stories you were posting earlier in the
        year. Now it's May. The year is racing past. But I hope you will find
        time to write more of your personal-experience stories, which will in
        turn inspire more people to share their treasured memories.

        You inspired me to write my Gratitude-Blossoms series but I've not
        written one of them for a while. So you not-writing for some time is
        inspiring me to think about my next one. I too am very busy at the
        moment but I will try to make time for it - just because I know how
        your stories inspire me. And rather than writing about something
        inspiring and nice that is happening now I will try to find time to
        meditate and share a personal pearl, as you have so well, which
        recounts some inspiring incident with Guru.

        When I am with disciple brothers and sisters - or even just with
        friends who love Guru, we often share stories and anecdotes about our
        experiences with him. It would be lovely to read more of these on
        Inspiration and have a way of sharing and recording them while they
        are still fresh in our memories. Is anyone collecting stories like these?

        I hope you will be able to find time soon for another 'Personal Pearl.
        Thankyou again for the translation of "aagamani."

        All the best in everything,

        Durga-Mata
      • shivaramgi
        Message 3 of 13 , May 5 6:39 PM
          The song Aaj Aaagamanii rabahone keshur uthilo boye - This is a
          traditional Bengali song welcoming Mother Goddess as a young girl at
          the beginning of Durgapooja which is the biggest festival in all of
          Bengal - I used to know somewhat but know only some lines (not a
          Bengali mother tongue) - you may even get the text in the internet

          Every Bengali knows this song - Ask Mahatapa or Rintu - ( It may be be
          describing the ochre coloured dawn on that day - not sure
        • sunabin_mamayev
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 7, 2010
            Hello Rintu!

            I had been browsing Sri Chinmoy Inspiration looking for Aj agamanir song until I found your wonderful post. It would be very kind of you to post the entire lyrics also, I couldn't find the song anywhere on the Internet.

            Thanks,
            Sunabin.

            PS. Hi all! It has been a few years since the last time I posted anything here, due to little time and slow Inet connections! Great to be back. ;-)
          • cott.doris
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 7, 2010
            • purnakama2000
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 8, 2010
                Thank you Doris for this link!

                I just came home from our class and came to the site and immediately listened to it.
                It is absolutely one of my favorites, and Guru sings it with such soulful power!

                In fact I think it was me who asked about the translation and then Rintu kindly replied.

                I must listen again before going to sleep:)

                Purnakama
              • sunabin_mamayev
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 9, 2010
                  It must be a real gem to be picked out of so many traditional Bengali songs! I tried to take down the words from the recording, but failed...
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 10, 2010
                    Dear all,

                    Rintu, from Singapore, used to sing this song with Sri Chinmoy. They would sing together some of Tagore's songs...

                    Here is a link to Rintu singing it:

                    http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/295/

                    it is track 12, Rintu 16 October....

                    with gratitude, Kamalakanta
                  • cott.doris
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 11, 2010
                      ...and I thank you, Purnakarma, for asking about it. I shall ask Kedar for the video. When you open the link and scroll down you will be able to reread the posts (I still can't get used to the "new" version of the Inspiration-Group site).

                      Thank you, Kamalakanta, for posting the link Rintu singing for Sri Chinmoy the song Aj Agamanir and other songs. I met Rintu on a Christmas trip some years back, he is a simple, very kindhearted person.

                      It is one of many gems Guru ever wrote and composed. I had bookmarked the song, and so found it very quickly. Thank you, Sunabin, for reminding us of it. I too tried to write down the words but it is difficult to understand them properly.

                      Doris
                    • purnakama2000
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 11, 2010
                        Thank you Kamalakanta for posting all of these.
                        It was cathartic to listen to them all again.
                        Most especially Sahadeva's group singing "Our dearest Guru,no farewell, no farewell..."

                        yours in music,

                        Purnakama
                      • purnakama2000
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 12, 2010
                          Hi Doris,

                          The video that I was speaking of was not one done by Kedar, although I would like to know if Kedar has a video of the Christchurch concert where I saw Guru perform this.
                          I believe the video I have was done by Shardul and I only have it on VHS so I can no longer watch it.

                          I'll be back in Germany this summer, so perhaps we'll see each other at Pujaloy:)

                          Purnakama