Re: Video of World Harmony Run ceremony in Dublin

  • purnakama2000
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2008
      Beautiful footage Shane! I love the balloons.

      Kudos to the Irish centers and the European leg of the World Harmony
      Run!

      Purnakama

      PS I'm trying not to think about my computer keryboard as I type
      this:)
    • shane_dublincentre
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2008
        Actually I have a very nice story about the balloons.

        I didn't see it (and you cant see it in the video) but Ambarish and
        Shardul both say they saw one solitary balloon detach itself from the
        rest and go on its own merry way.

        Last year a mother brought her sons to a lunchtime meditation class I
        was giving. I must have mentioned somewhere along the line that I was
        a maths tutor, because she got in touch with me a few months later
        wondering could I give lessons to one of her sons.

        Recently her brother developed cancer at the very young age of 35, and
        he was basically told he had a couple of weeks to live. However the
        doctors obviously didn't reckon with his battling qualities. He asked
        through her sister could I teach him to meditate to cope with the
        physical and mental strains of what he is going through. He's still
        not out of the woods yet, but he might be over the worst. Certainly I
        am getting much more inspiration from him when I visit than he is
        getting from me.

        In the afternoon, a few hours after the WHR ceremony, he saw a
        solitary red balloon floating outside his hospital window, which
        somehow really cheered him up.

        Shane
      • natalia_1331
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2008
          Hello Shane,

          Well done. This is a nice news piece.

          I downloaded this news segment onto a DVD and will give it to you in
          London on the 19th.

          Meanwhile, if you wish to try to download it you can do the following:

          Install 'Real Player' (again) on your computer. This time, be sure to
          select a choice that says something like:

          Enable button for downloading web videos (or some such thing).

          Then when the Real Player screen appears, it will have the logo of
          Real Player in the lower right corner. When you click on that, a
          library appears and the video you are watching is listed.

          Then the tricky thing is that you have to upgrade your free
          "membership" to a paid one in order to download and record videos.
          However, you will be offered a 14 day trial membership for which you
          have to give a credit card. The card is not charged but if you forget
          to cancel, your card will then be charged.

          The first step is to select the disc type - CD or DVD.
          The second step is to select clip from your library list of downloads
          and add it to the "right column" which is your burn list.
          The third step is to burn the DVD.

          It is really easy - I did it in the space of about ten minutes after
          reading your post. My advantage was that my brother had removed Real
          Player from my computer after giving me a lecture about having too
          many downloaded programs and how they will mess things up on the
          computer. Since I wished to see the news piece you gave the link to,
          I had to re-download Real Player and noticed this 'download web
          videos' choice only because of your question. Until I told you that, I
          bet you were impressed that I figured it out!

          I would post it to you but I think I will arrive in London before it
          would arrive in Ireland. Also, I would not be surprised if you were
          soon to be on your way to London to help with the concert.

          Natalie

          P.S. You still do not like apostrophes.