Wedenesday Evening Meditation

  • nirmalapoems
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2008
      Meditate On

      One of my favorite little pocket books is Sri Chinmoy's "Meditate On"
      Meditate On addresses the question "What do you want?" The answer
      comes by meditating on a specific phenomena:
    • nirmalapoems
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
        The phenomena is that I wanted peace and meditated on what Guru
        suggested "the setting sun or the top of a mountain" but my post
        remained imcomplete. Here is what I wanted: Dynamism "Meditate on
        a machine in motion."

        And what is this machine if not our own body-machine in motion. We are
        the drivers of our own body-machine. God is the Motor, the only Doer.

        With love

        Nirmala

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, nirmalapoems

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2008
          Like Kücken we are opening our shells a little bit and see that we
          need each other and that we are all seekers of the same caliber.
          We almost have a new Center now. Here is what I recited with Guru's
          absolute Grace and Concern for me. While he was alive he told me
          several times: "Do not miss a Wednesday-Night" Also Shikha should come
          to the Center-Meditation, because it is easier to give (all the
          worries) than to receive alone at home.

          - In order to realize the supreme Truth we have to return what we have
          borrowed from the world: darkness, ignorance, bondage, limitation,
          imperfection, fear and death. We borrowed these things because we felt
          that they would help us considerably, but now we have come to realize,
          that they are real obstructions. So these things, we must return and
          the things that we eternally have - in the inmost recesses of
          our being - peace, light, bliss, truth we have to increase.
          Just as other sincere seekers have realized God, so can we realize
          God, if we value the purity of our heart's sincere cry - for what we
          need, we have deep within ourselves.

          (unofficial quotes)

          Then Kanala introduced two new songs for the upcoming Pentecost
          Joy-Day from "The Goal is Won". In April 28, 1974 Sri Chinmoy wrote
          360 Poems in one day. No 360 (the last) and No 287 he also compose
          music on his birthday in 1985.

          With oneness for a better human relationship

          Nirmala
        • nirmalapoems
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 2:53 AM
            Wednesday Evening Meditation

            The resentments are gone. It doesn't hurt any more to meditate in the
            same place were you used to work. But believe me, it was not easy to
            overcome all this feelings when you are right there, in all these
            offices and production-rooms. But anyway without Abarita's magnamity
            heart and sense of responsibility for our Beloved Guru to give us
            shelter, we would have been on the street. We are all gratitude to him.

            Here what I recited:

            "Do not misuse opportunity - either earthly or heavenly. Earthly
            opportunity is obedience to one's Inner Pilot. Every day opportunity
            knocks at your heart's door and it has been knocking since the very
            first day you have accepted the spiritual life." [1]

            " When you come to realise that expect for your spiritual life
            everything is absolutely useless, then you will realise how close you
            are to your Beloved Supreme. Your souls know who I am and what you can
            become in this life-time with my soul's boundless, boundless,
            boundless affection, concern and love. Countless people are on earth,
            but you are chosen to be in my boat and I am chosen to be your Pilot
            Supreme." [1]

            Stay balanced

            Nirmala

            [1] Moderator's Note: Unofficial Quotes presumably by Sri Chinmoy
          • rintu_chakravarthy
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2 6:52 PM
              Hello,
              What a coincidence!

              I used the second piece at our centre meditation on the same Wed
              night.

              Lets know for sure, we are all connected around the world.

              Stay tuned!
              Rintu
            • nirmalapoems
              Message 6 of 6 , May 28 2:25 PM
                We are so grateful, for soon we will have a new meditation centre in
                Zurich. Kailash is very enthusiastic in telling us about the work in
                order to renovate it. This makes me so happy, because it is good to
                make a new and promising beginning. I really can't wait this time to
                start a new spiritual journey.

                Here are the poems I recited today:

                "O my mind, you must not try to correct other's way of life, true
                weakness-transformation is a most difficult task, but not impossible."

                "I love God as much as I possibly can. God loves me infinitely more
                than I possibly can imagine."

                "Heaven's Smile cannot solve any problem. Earth's tears have the power
                to solve all the problems."

                "My God-running legs have made my life very precious. My God-running
                heart has made me very gracious."

                "Give and take, take and give.
                In this world what an opportunity to serve and worship our Father
                Supreme Lord."

                (unofficial quotes) Sri Chinmoy

                Nirmala