Laptop melodies and singing birds

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2008
      I am so happy to be in my home away from home for a brief oasis of
      retreat. Picture a laptop propped up on a sweater with a view out of
      the window of a bush brightened with red berries, a tree across the
      street ready to pop with flowers and a practical riot of chirping
      birds drunk on the season of spring perfectly audible through a closed
      window. The flowers are vying for center stage with hyacinths,
      daffodils and other flowers covered in droplets of rain in
      Snehashila's front yard.

      The magnolia trees are already blooming and dandelions are already
      defying gardeners after the well-manicured lawn (I think I'm an ally
      of the dandelions more than the gardeners after them).

      I almost didn't bring my laptop and am now so glad I did. Just like a
      person can play many different roles in the world - parent, child,
      brother, boss, friend - the laptop is a marvel creation when you stop
      and think about it. Right now it is serving as music player (currently
      playing "Blue Sky, Red Sun" by Silence and Sound the Ukrainian duet of
      Kushali and Rageshri) while I write "letters" to no one in particular
      that don't require any postage to reach their destination.

      This morning it served as DVD player so that I could continue my now
      established routine of meditating on a video of Guru himself
      meditating. I typically watch "Sri Chinmoy's Wednesday Night
      Meditations in the 1990's"- Part 1 or 2. Since this particular laptop
      belongs to my place of employment, most of the time it serves as a
      place to read and send work correspondence and use website design tools.

      The roiibos decaf chai I am drinking (takeout from the Smile of the
      Beyond) has a saying on the teabag "Sing from your heart" and that is
      a lot of what I'm being treated to while in New York for a brief
      visit. The sun is peaking out right now so I really must go take a
      picture of those flowers in Snehashila's yard before I head off to my
      day's activities ahead. I hope everyone reading can feel the happiness
      and grace brimming over in this little corner of the universe offering
      a tangible and soul-revealing taste of Sri Chinmoy's final published poem.

      "My physical death
      is not the end of my life.
      I am an Eternal Journey."
      [unofficial] -Sri Chinmoy

      Sharani
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14, 2008
        It's always great to read your posts,
        and I was so happy to see you in the Smile of the Beyond. It was
        crowded and hectic, but that added to the atmosphere of camaraderie
        that I found so fulfilling and necessary during this Celebrations.

        By the way, great news about the job!

        Purnakama
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 16, 2008
          Hi Purnakama,
          Since I knew you had just come for a week a little bit ago, I didn't
          expect to even see you in NY for any of April Celebrations. Running in
          to you at the Smile was a very pleasant surprise. In that laptop
          melodies post, I mention wanting to take photos of flowers in
          Snehashila's front yard and thought I would link to them here so that
          if Snehashila is reading she will know where to see her floral and
          snail friends. I really liked the way the raindrops still clung to the
          petals yet the sun was breaking through the clouds heralding a nice
          spring-like day.
          http://www.srichinmoycentre.org/gallery/members/sharani/newyork/

          Luckily that prior night was the only rain during the few days I came
          and even that was just at the very end of the evening's function. The
          weather forecasters had predicted rain for Saturday through Monday and
          it felt like a special blessing to have that weather prediction prove
          totally incorrect.

          Sharani
        • purnakama2000
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 19, 2008
            Beautiful photos Sharani!

            I too was pleased by the weather change.
            I always check the weather before I go to NY, and I was disheartened
            to see that it was supposed to rain every day of the short 3 days I
            was there.
            What a blessing that the clouds did a little turn and gave us lovely
            dry weather!

            Purnakama
          • dmchaudhurani
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 21, 2008
              Hello everyone,
              I was in New York very briefly and it added to my outer money-problems
              but I am so glad I dared to go. When I arrived on Saturday most people
              were at the Circus and I just sat in Aspiration Ground for about an
              hour on my own. The sun shone, the birds sang, I felt all the tensions
              and troubles disolving away and disappearing. Peace and Bliss replaced
              them. It was a very precious time. I send my special love and
              greetings to Manini, Anita, Praphulla and Jadranka for their special
              love and oneness - but all my love to everyone who I met and who
              contributed to making it such a special time.

              It was very important to get to New York for 13th. What a joy. Now
              home again it is hard to maintain my aspiration and happiness but my
              laptop and I-POD are helping a lot. My son bought me the I-Pod for my
              Christmas present and put on it many videos of Guru and songs. I often
              wear it around my neck and can make inspiring use of any free minute.
              Then for my birthday he bought a special device which converts it into
              radio signals that can be recieved by the car radio - so I can listen
              to Guru singing as I drive. Its BRILLIANT and is really helping me to
              stay happy and positive.

              Durga-Mata
            • nirmalapoems
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 23, 2008
                Dear Durga Mata

                I just wanted to thank you for your very long messages about the
                flowers. I was also in NY but saw you omly when I passed you. You were
                talking with a lot of girls already then.
                Perhaps we can talk next time, in August. Waiting for the next
                Celebration to come and being there again

                Nirmala
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 25, 2008
                  Dear Durga-Mata,
                  Belatedly I wish to say I enjoyed surprising you at Annam Brahma as we
                  sat next to each other (me just about finished with an early AM
                  breakfast fruit chopping shift) and saying, "I bet you don't know who
                  I am. I am Sharani." Tee-hee :-) you did not. It is such an unusual
                  thing to converse and share oneness with folks here and then meet them
                  in person at a later time. If I seemed somewhat quiet, I was in a haze
                  of tiredness. Maybe it wasn't the pinnacle of wisdom to stay up to the
                  wee hours of the morning playing with photos of daffodils when I had
                  to be on duty by 5 a.m. I am certainly glad it worked out for you to
                  come to New York for April 13th.

                  Sharani
                • dmchaudhurani
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2008
                    Hello Sharani

                    Thankyou for saying 'hello' again, unexpectedly again, through
                    Inspiration site this time. I was thrilled and a bit shy meeting you
                    like that in Annam Brahma. I didn't notice your tiredness - but I
                    was sorry not to meet you again, before I had to leave New York. I
                    was only there for one full day and two 'bits' so it wasn't possible
                    to do much - but how glad I am that I was able to go. It was a
                    deeply significant experience.

                    All love and gratitude for your friendship.

                    Durga-Mata