Re: Gratitude-Poem for today, April 1st, 2008

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2008
      Dear Kamalakanta,

      You cannot deny you are an indispensable part of our Hispanic 'translating team'! I admire your poetic translations which are always impressive and heart felt.

      I am grateful for your encouragement though my translating activities
      are a little stopped at the moment. Guru himself refers to the power of encouragement in the following paragraphs:

      "In every field I have been encouraged. At the Ashram also, I happened to be a writer, but by far the best author wanted me to be his translator. There were so many holding highest degrees, but he did not like their translations. He wanted me to be his translator. So again I was encouraged."

      "... Encouragement we all need. Again, if there is discouragement, we
      need adamantine will-power. If we want to do something no matter how we are discouraged on the way, we have to go forward."

      Sri Chinmoy (unofficial) in http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1347/2/9/

      When I was a child my first English teacher only encouraged me to do
      translations. I learned much more Spanish from that activity than what I could learn at school. But years later I thought it had been a waste of time as I couldn't speak English as fluently as it was required by circumstances, you know.

      When my spiritual teacher Sri Chinmoy came to my life, he encouraged me again to do some translations, including over 200 poems from 'Flower-Flames' which I gladly did.

      There was no more waste of time from that day on but a new incredible
      way for me to keep in tune with the Source of all beauty, peace and
      consolation.

      I am very happy and grateful to share this manifestation now with my
      brothers and sisters on the path - Kamalakanta, Hareen, Andrés, Enakshi Nilaya & Fraymond.

      Soulful Celebrations!
      Suchana