Heart Lotus Blog

  • utpalmarshall
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3 7:27 PM
      I have recently switched my story telling, from the pages of the World
      Harmony run site, to a blog. A not too drastic change of direction or
      focus but one that looks and observes the world in a slightly
      different way.

      http://heartlotus.blogspot.com/

      There are pictures and stories there, about my travels in Egypt.
      There may be a few Tunisian entries as well, but while running there,
      trying to film a torch being carried across the desert, I tripped over
      a dune and killed my camera. The World Harmony run continued
      unabashed. I plucked sand out of the thing for a few days but it had
      packed it in. I survived, in much better shape, until the torch flew
      off to Italy.

      much thanks
      Utpal
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5 8:56 AM
        Hi Utpal,
        Welcome to the world of blogging! It's so cool to see your stories
        with all the nice photos interspersed in the posts. I have been so
        remiss in keeping up with reading and writing myself lately. For
        perhaps the first time in my paid employment life, I was in a
        situation of needing to log hours there regardless of whether or not I
        was "on the clock". I never worked on an election campaign before and
        since so much of my efforts were tied into a local election that just
        happened last Tuesday, I knew that I was really beyond the norm when I
        accidentally sang "With every vote of my heart" one morning at my
        shrine instead of the correct lyrics to the song by Guru that goes
        "with every breath of my heart." [unofficial] :-) Now that the
        election is over and my job still exists for at least another year,
        I'm still unwinding from everything and jumping into the next venture of a major web site redesign at work. It's kind of embarrassing to be so challenged in one's job that my typical volunteer efforts for the
        centre suffer for it.

        I do hope that I get back in the saddle soon and can think of stuff to
        write here and on my own blog http://www.sharani.org By the way, I
        saw that Beatles song you play in the background of one of your
        YouTube videos performed on American Idol recently. While I'm no
        spring chicken, it just so happened that as the eldest child in my
        family and the fact that the Beatles broke up as a band when I was
        still only 10 years old, I never really listened to them much. If I
        had an older sibling, I bet you I would have been much more familiar
        with them.

        I hope you get a new camera soon. Everybody else you have to go and
        read at Utpal's new blog to know why I say that...

        Sharani

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, utpalmarshall
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I have recently switched my story telling, from the pages of the World
        > Harmony run site, to a blog. A not too drastic change of direction or
        > focus but one that looks and observes the world in a slightly
        > different way.
        >
        > http://heartlotus.blogspot.com/
        >

        > There are pictures and stories there, about my travels in Egypt.
        > There may be a few Tunisian entries as well, but while running there,
        > trying to film a torch being carried across the desert, I tripped over
        > a dune and killed my camera. The World Harmony run continued
        > unabashed. I plucked sand out of the thing for a few days but it had
        > packed it in. I survived, in much better shape, until the torch flew
        > off to Italy.
        >
        > much thanks
        > Utpal

      • utpalmarshall
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 12:43 PM
          Hi Sharani---

          High praise indeed. You endorsement will send my blog visits into the
          stratosphere. As for your own site I appreciate it very much. Your
          ability to share your own view, while at the same time giving such a
          warm and open view of Guru's life and work, is truly inspiring.

          One of the realizations that came after traveling with young Europeans
          is how little they have not fallen victim to what are in my opinion many of the common "faults" of American culture. Such as familiarity with old movies and song lyrics. Something an old grey head like myself has to remind themselves from time to time.

          The phenomena of the Beatles of course carries a slightly more
          universal appeal than "The Wizard of Oz." Though the Europeans might
          not be able to quote lyrics the popularity of the Band was still
          widely understood.

          Regardless, if you did not ever hear the Beatles you will have missed
          nothing, since clearly you have heard and appreciated the music of Sri
          Chinmoy. A musician with quite a bit to offer an aspiring world consciousness in my opinion.

          yours
          Utpal