Wednesday Night Meditation in N.Y., April 2, 2008

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2008
      The cold has not left us in New York at this time so we still have to
      come to meditation bundled up in warm clothes. The tent was recently
      taken down to start preparing for Celebrations, so in this transition
      period with the cold nights we had a shortened form of function tonight.

      Even with these changes one could feel the peaceful and powerful
      vibrations that draw us to this very spiritual ground. After twenty
      minutes of meditation on Sri Chinmoy's esraj music, we meditated to
      13 minutes of 'Supreme' chants. After more silent meditation and
      the Invocation, Kanan's singing group, or 'Lotus Groves',
      sang a number of Guru's classic Bengali songs quite soulfully and
      powerfully.

      Then we took the calendar of Guru's divine achievements for the
      weeks of April 7 through April 20. One very special achievement that
      attracted my attention was on April 20, 1980, Sri Chinmoy completed 45
      ΒΌ miles in the first 12-hour walk offered by our Centre in N.Y. This
      was quite an incredible achievement at the age of 48 considering he was primarily a fast sprinter in his youth and had only been running long distances for less than two years by this time.

      We had some announcements mostly about the World Harmony Run events that we have been having in New York City this week. We have been having events in three schools each day this week so far. There are five boroughs of New York City and each day we go to a different borough, holding exciting events for the schools there. To see what has happened so far in the World Harmony Run this year, please go to this link: http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/

      As we prepare for an exciting and very special April Celebrations, and
      as people are already arriving from abroad, we try to remember how
      auspicious this time of year was when Sri Chinmoy braved this new world 44 years ago. What he has accomplished in those years cannot be fully fathomed at this time neither inwardly nor outwardly. Yet as we meditate here and elsewhere and experience some of his creative output through his songs, writings and sports, we can identify somewhat with the creative Source from which he constantly derived an endless fountain of spiritual light, love and power. And he did this only to share with us and all those who are willing to appreciate it in this most illumining way.

      Gratefully,

      Arpan