A Road Less Traveled

  • utpalmarshall
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      I have been back from North Africa a few days now. Long enough to
      almost believe that my experiences there were so fantastic that they
      couldn't even have taken place.

      Of course the run, no matter where it takes place, is like that. There
      is such an all embracing atmosphere that permeates the world of those
      who become involved, that is heart nurturing and life fulfilling.

      http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/morocco/news/2008/0321

      I am not linking all my stories over the month that I was there, just
      ones that I hope capture the flavor and particular spice that makes up
      the North Africa experience.

      much thanks
      Utpal
    • rathin31
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
        Utpal, I must make a slight correction to your report: Although the
        Australian leg of the World Harmony Run was launched at Uluru two
        weeks ago, the actual running won't start until 27 April, in Brisbane.
        But yes, we certainly will be circling the continent. If only you and
        your deft documentary-making skills were there to accompany us!

        You have certainly set a high bar with your Moroccan Harmony Run
        report, that we can only hope to endeavour to match. The writing is
        excellent, informative as well as introspective. The photos are both
        numerous and stunning. One of our big challenges will be finding an
        internet connection out there in the Outback each night to make our
        reports... but we will try!

        Rathin
      • shane_dublincentre
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
          Utpal, if I could nominate you for the Pulitzer Prize, I would: Im
          just going to have to settle for giving you a thumbs up on stumbleupon :)

          Actually, that thought prompted me to search for online web writing
          competitions, wondering if some nascent internet equivalent of the
          Pulitzers was developing somewhere unbeknownst to me. I didn't find
          anything though. It would be nice if there were some hefty competition
          somewhere to reward uplifting writing. Perhaps the top three would get
          bananas just like our 2 mile Self Transcendence races in New York. (I
          can really see that one pulling the crowds in)

          Ideagestatingly

          Shane
        • utpalmarshall
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
            I have never seen a banana that I wouldn't mind getting to know, but
            on second thought, getting down wind of one of your Irish jokes would
            more than suffice.

            much thanks
            Utpal