New Steps on an Ancient Path

  • utpalmarshall
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2008
      I have been away from NY now, for what seems like a long time. Spring
      flowers are in full bloom here now, before I left just a hint of a
      green promise kissed the cold earth. I, and various members of the
      World Harmony Run have been on the road in North Africa for nearly a
      month.

      I have been catching up on postings on this site and am taken back at
      some of the powerful stories that have been told and heart felt
      experiences felt by all. In particular I was moved by Vidagdha's
      story of her trip to India. She touched me with how she saw Guru's
      life mirrored in her experiences while visiting Belur Math.

      For many of us, trying to find our way now, in a world no longer
      inhabited with a living Sri Chinmoy, we are searching in ourselves for
      his inner presence, which is in many ways more personal and powerful.

      For me it made sense recently to accept an invitation and walk down
      the tried and true path which is the, "World Harmony Run." A project
      that Sri Chinmoy conceived many years ago and in which this year he
      wished to expand to a new and greater level.

      My experiences were affirming and soul gratifying. I wrote
      extensively over the period and hope to paste links to some of the
      better pieces.

      http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/egypt/news/2008/0307

      Please don't forget that the event continues on in Europe even now.
      And has been going on for some time in Australia.

      Much thanks
      Utpal
    • arpan_deangelo
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2008
        Welcome back to N.Y.

        Read one story and saw some of the photos from Egypt. Incredibly
        inspirational and beautiful.

        Thank you for such a long and fruitful effort with Mario and Rasto on
        the team. Your inspiration will fuel many runners this year in
        spreading the message of harmony and friendship that our Guru Sri
        Chinmoy promoted in every aspect of his life and mission.

        Harmoniously,
        Arpan
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
          Dear Utpal,
          You have shared even more recent news than this message but I have
          some catching up to do in reading here at the Inspiration Group and
          just wanted to belatedly thank you for sharing and writing while you
          were on the Harmony Run in Africa. I can only imagine that the
          schedule was hectic enough without adding in keeping a diary of the
          experience - something that we are quite spoiled and used to from
          previous Harmony Runs with people like Arpan writing so much as he
          captains the American team. I look forward to reading your various
          messages.