Re: Know Where You're Going.

  • sumangali_m
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24 1:33 AM
      I was telling someone in my Centre about the excerpt from Sri
      Chinmoy's writing, quoted by Tejvan at the beginning of this thread,
      and decided I would print a few copies out from Sri Chinmoy Library so
      I could share it with everyone at our next meeting. I followed the
      link and there at the top is the story about Tagore. I just wanted to
      post the original story by Sri Chinmoy, because of course he tells it
      much better than I did! (Well at least I got the right person, and
      roughly the right facts, which is pretty good going for me :-)

      Thanks again to Tejvan for the quote in his original message, it's one
      of the most illumining things I've read in a long time.

      Sumangali

      * * *

      "Tagore, our greatest poet, used to write six or eight poems daily. He
      once thought that if he could retire to a solitary place he could
      write much better poetry. So he left his house and confined himself to
      a solitary place in the mountains. While there, he was not able to
      write a single piece of poetry. He discovered that it is not the
      environment that is most important, but the inner inspiration."

      Sri Chinmoy
      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0066/3/11

      * * *