Re: The Seeker-Writer: A Rhyming Play

  • cott_doris
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 28, 2008
      Dear Sumangali,

      You said:

      Also, that writing (lacking the luxuries of inflection and facial
      > expression), is sometimes not the perfect medium for conveying a
      > person's true meaning. Please therefore accept my love and humble
      best
      > wishes, in lieu of a more perfect written reassurance.

      Today during a meditation I thought of you. I am not sure I was too
      strict in not accepting your offerings, but really meant that in
      general not everything that is said in the Inspiration Site is
      matching with real world. For me this is no problem. Perhaps every
      day we are in a different mood going through different experiences.

      The day when we served on the aid station at the marathon we actually
      did not speak very much. We were busy to fill cups with water and
      energy drinks etc. and sometimes even had to run a few meters with
      the runners to make sure they get the drink.

      It is a common thing that others trigger feelings inside us without
      meaning to. Unfortunately I didn't feel so well on that long, long
      way back to the start.

      It is not easy to explain that feeling - it reminds me of a song of a
      German songwriter, Reinhard May, who sings in one of his songs, "And
      meanwhile she is holding the suitcases of the other two (dancing).

      I hope you understand that I take your words very serious and your
      offering of love is quite a big thing and for this I am all gratitude.

      In sincere oneness

      Doris

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, sumangali_m
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Dear Doris,
      >
      > Yes, we served together on an aid station at the Self-Transcendence
      > Marathon one time. I remember you always as a very kind, light-
      hearted
      > and good-humoured person, and I very much enjoyed your company that
      day.

      > I wonder if my message to Michael has been misunderstood? I do hope
      > not, though it was so full of metaphorical silliness I would not be
      > surprised. It would not be the first time my good intentions have
      been
      > taken for otherwise. I was merely trying to thank him for a nice
      > compliment, returning it then in a frivolous but sincerely heartfelt
      > way. I was not seriously concerned (call me callous ;-), that he was
      > about to hurt himself with a hammer (let alone you or anybody else)
      in
      > an attempt to improve his writing.
      >
      > Also, that writing (lacking the luxuries of inflection and facial
      > expression), is sometimes not the perfect medium for conveying a
      > person's true meaning. Please therefore accept my love and humble
      best
      > wishes, in lieu of a more perfect written reassurance.
      >
      > Sumangali

    • cott_doris
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 28, 2008
        Dear Sumangali,