Boris Purushottama Grebenshikov on Radio Sri Chinmoy

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28 8:00 AM
      Dear friends, this is s short notice to announce that we have
      published on Radio Sri Chinmoy a concert offered by Boris Purushottama
      Grebenshikov on August 29, 2007.

      You can listen to it here:
      http://www.radiosrichinmoy.org/radio/307

      enjoy!

      Kamalakanta
    • karpani_ru
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hi Kamalakanta,

        Thank you so much for the special release! The recording of
        Purushottama's concert is simply excellent; one can feel he really
        sings his lyrics with heart and soul.

        For any Russian, Boris Purushottama Grebenshikov will need no
        introduction, of course: he was called the governing genius behind the
        rock-reggae-blues-folk band Aquarium and an outstanding figure on the
        Russian music scene for nearly 30 years, and continues to draw new
        young audiences - a rare feat among musicians of his generation from
        any nation.

        The amusing thing is that, despite his command of English,
        Purushottama found his poetic gift practically did not translate.
        "There was no possibility of doing it, because the music is rooted in
        language and words are the things that are getting people the most,"
        he says. "They can't possibly be translated."

        The fact that, in spite of lack of translation, his songs are widely
        recognized and loved by so many non-Russian speakers is a shining
        proof that music is, indeed, the universal language - a beautiful
        piece from God The Supreme Musician by Sri Chinmoy comes to my mind:

        "I do not know French or German or Italian, but if music is played,
        immediately the heart of the music enters into my heart, or my heart
        enters into the music. At that time, we don't need outer
        communication; the inner communion of the heart is enough. My heart is
        communing with the heart of the music and in our communion we become
        inseparably one."
        [http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/0168/2/19%5d

        Thank you once again for sharing the excellent recording!

        Oneness,
        Karpani
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
          Hi, Karpani,

          It is one of my joys in this life to share spiritual, inspiring music
          through the Radio Sri Chinmoy website. Thanks for listening!

          with gratitude, Kamalakanta