Re: Purushottama radio show on Sri Chinmoy’s music

  • karpani_ru
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2008
      Dear Sumangali,

      I was delighted to read your message. I, too, was fortunate to attend
      Purushottama's concert at the United Nations last year, and it was a
      very moving experience.

      In one of his earlier interviews Purushottama said something to the
      effect that his band Aquarium bridges the gap between pop music and
      spirituality - and that is exactly what he does, with his hallmark
      ability to move lightly between the transcendent and the mundane
      details of life on earth. Very much in tune with Sri Chinmoy's
      philosophy on acceptance of life and transformation of life - let me
      quote one piece from Sri Chinmoy's "Rainbow-Flowers":

      "In the spiritual life, acceptance of reality is of paramount
      importance - not rejection but acceptance. We have to accept the
      world, we have to accept our life, we have to accept all our
      weaknesses and shortcomings to transform them and illumine them… If
      there is no acceptance, we cannot perfect ourselves and fulfil the
      divinity within us". (unofficial)

      http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com/books/1308/2/1/?searchterm=acceptance%20of%20life

      Also, I hear that this radio show will be repeated on Russian radio in
      the USA (Davidzon radio), and the radio staff liked the program very
      much – another piece of good news!

      Thank you once again for your inspiring and very creative messages!

      Oneness,
      Karpani