Exercises for people over 50

  • arpan_deangelo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      Don't let the title scare you. This would be good for younger people
      as well, but you have to read the whole thing and follow it step by
      step. It was sent to me in an email but I thought it would go over
      well on this site also.

      Read carefully:

      Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of
      room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your
      arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.

      Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that
      you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

      After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks.

      Then try 50-lb. potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where
      you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms
      straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level)

      After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

      Spuddingly,
      Arpan