Re: My Home (poetry)

  • suchana27
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2008
      Dear Assistantmummer,

      Your beautiful poem recalls me some of Guru´s answers about the
      meaning of ´loneliness´ for a realized soul and that of ´detachment´
      for a seeker´s sadhana.

      What an astonishing inner journey!

      Best regards,
      Suchana

      --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, assistantmummer
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > My Home
      >
      > I left my home
      > Thinking to travel
      > Only a short distance
      > And bringing many belongings.
      > Gradually, I have cast away
      > All that I own
      > And forgotten my old home.
      >
      > I find myself
      > With only the sea, the stars
      > And the journey.
      > I sail the infinite ocean;
      > But why, O Lord,
      > Do I look behind me and cry,
      > Look before me and cry?
      >
      > I long to sit in the
      > Heart of Light.
      > Why does a skeleton follow me
      > Hither and thither,
      > Mocking me with its
      > Old, withered life?
      >
      > My true home is with
      > The sea, the stars
      > And the full-moon night -
      > And no trace of any shoreline.
      > My only companion
      > Is myself;
      > But this companion
      > I would gladly lose.
      >
      > How beautiful the moon,
      > The sea and the stars
      > When they are shining
      > With their own light,
      > Singing with their own waves,
      > And there is no one,
      > Absolutely no one around.
      >
      > * * *
      >
      > Michael

    • assistantmummer
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2008
        Thank you, Priyadarshan. I'm not sure the figure in the poem is a hero
        - maybe just a traveler or slightly reluctant seafarer. Anyway, it's
        good to know you're out there reading, even if you're not saying much
        these days. Maybe having earned the title of "Kavi" with your
        wonderful poem "Our Lord Chinmoy," you're now resting on your laurels.
        Tra-la-la!

        I mailed you a small package in December, but wonder if the post
        office delivered it. I hope so!

        My best,

        Michael

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, priyadarshan44
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > This poem is one of the most beautiful I read.
        > It's dolefulness and yearning sparkle with Guru's
        > light all over. This is what it means, to me at least,
        > to be a hero on the battlefield that is our life.
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Priyadarshan
      • priyadarshan44
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
          Dear Michael,

          Apologies for having being so laconic.

          I received your package perhaps 10 days ago (they told me
          mail in Italy, like in any other fourth-world country,
          collapses for the holidays, and stay so for a long time). I
          have been listening ever since to that music, and enjoying it
          to my deepest satisfaction. It truly feels like it is
          descending from the very heights of the Gandharvas' Loka.

          Thank you, very, very, very much

          Priyadarshan

          PS: This message may be taken as a betoken for a coming
          letter of proper thanks, and other musings, shortly.

          wrote:

          > Thank you, Priyadarshan. I'm not sure the figure in the poem is a hero
          > - maybe just a traveler or slightly reluctant seafarer. Anyway, it's
          > good to know you're out there reading, even if you're not saying much
          > these days. Maybe having earned the title of "Kavi" with your
          > wonderful poem "Our Lord Chinmoy," you're now resting on your laurels.
          > Tra-la-la!
          >
          > I mailed you a small package in December, but wonder if the post
          > office delivered it. I hope so!
          >
          > My best,
          >
          > Michael
          >

          > --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, priyadarshan44
          > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > >
          > > This poem is one of the most beautiful I read.
          > > It's dolefulness and yearning sparkle with Guru's
          > > light all over. This is what it means, to me at least,
          > > to be a hero on the battlefield that is our life.
          > >
          > > Thank you.
          > >
          > > Priyadarshan

        • nirmalapoems
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2008
            T-ra-la-la!

            la la means nothingness, there is nothing but nothingness

            Tra-la-la-la here also there is nothing but nothingness

            not this! not this! neti neti