Writing down memories

  • shane_dublincentre
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      One thing I started doing today was writing down memories of my visits
      to see my teacher. At the moment I am just jotting down things in
      bulletpoint in the hope that one memory will spark another. I have a
      notebook and I have allocated a few pages for each visit, leaving room
      for anything that might come in future. Keeping the Master to the
      forefront of your thoughts is very good way of mantaining that inner
      connection, and this certainly has helped me in that regard.

      It is funny how we all feel we had him for such a fleeting time. But
      when I start penning down these memories, I realise I actually spent
      quite a lot of time in my Master's presence in these past few years,
      and it makes me feel quite grateful.

      Shane
    • arpan_deangelo
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
        Excellent idea Shane. I am sure others are doing the same. Good to
        remind each other and ourselves of the golden opportunities we had all
        these years, no matter how long or short in earthly years it is.
        Recording these experiences in tangible, storable formats will be
        super-valuable to seekers of the future and very inspiring to us as
        well. Perhaps we should have a website just dedicated to that, perhaps
        something like, 'Memories of Our Master', which would encourage people
        to share these memories and feelings.

        To some extent we do that here but this also contains other
        inspirational material not directly related to that exact topic you
        put so simply and directly.

        I am not a computer geek and do not know much about setting up
        websites or blogs so perhaps some others can discuss this valuable idea.

        Gratefully,
        Arpan

        --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, shane_dublincentre