Re: Let's Giggle

  • shardul_nz
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
      Thank you for these delightful poems Doris. I especially like the
      second one:

      "God's love for me
      Increases immediately
      When I giggle cutely."

      [45275 - Sri Chinmoy]

      Yesterday I was playing Sri Chinmoy's music in a hospital here in
      Auckland and a little 4 year old girl came and sat next to me. She was
      with her two older sisters and had come to the hospital to visit her
      daddy who, she told me, "had a sore heart." She sang some songs for me
      - one lovely hymn in the Maori language - and hummed along to some of
      the melodies I was playing even though she had never heard them
      before. She possessed a most beautiful singing voice - full, rich,
      clear, powerful and in tune. I played 'Twinkle, twinkle little star'
      and she sang along - delightful is an understatement! But if I said
      something funny, which I did often to make her laugh, she would giggle
      from way down in her heart and soul - an unfiltered, unbridled
      outpouring of pure joy. It made me think of this poem and how much
      God's love for her was increasing. It was hard to leave her company
      and she stood waving to me as I walked down the corridor - I had to
      walk backwards.

      "A child's heart means a God's soul." - Sri Chinmoy.

      "I need a child's heart
      To become a perfect stranger
      To the sad mistakes of my mind."
      - Sri Chinmoy. [unofficial]

      Thank you,
      Shardul.
    • purnakama2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2008
        Hi Doris!

        I absolutely love these two poems.Thank you so much for finding them
        for us.
        And yes you were right to giggle at the first one.
        It's quite cute:)

        Purnakama
      • cott_doris
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2008
          Thank you as well, Purnakama. You are dealing every day with children?

          Shardul's little story and the poem at the end were so moving! I
          thank YOU, Shardul!

          It is such a good thing to do what you are doing â€" going to the
          hospital and play your flute for the patients. Regular readers know
          that you yourself have seen hospitals from inside a lot as a patient.

          I found this video about the Giggle's Children's Theatre very
          interesting:

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=zotWCJyvTGc

          I have a child and I am sometimes reminded of my motive of desiring
          to raise a child. I didn't get too much encouragement and guidance in
          my own childhood and so I felt lonely when I was 20 and thought a
          child could give me some new direction in life. (Perhaps I would have
          become a disciple of Sri Chinmoy's if that could have been possible
          at that time but we were politically isolated from the rest of the
          world).

          Sri Chinmoy has students who live in a family where all or some
          members are students of his as well. On occasions when he would be
          honoring those families by giving them gifts and taking pictures
          together with them I sometimes felt miserable. I am living separated
          from my own child who is now 25 years old. I made some serious
          mistakes in the past but I am lucky that he is communicating them
          with me and I apologized not only once to him.

          I believe that children also have their own personalities that they
          bring into this life (believing in or knowing about reincarnation)
          independent of their education they receive from their parents. In
          this sense I hope my son will one day be able to forgive me.

          Sri Chinmoy has always been so kind to me. I will eternally remain
          grateful if not indepted to him for taking care of me and my son. I
          am sure he did more on the inner plane for us as we will ever come to
          know outwardly. Sri Chinmoy wrote for him inside a notebook: My love,
          my blessings. Guru.

          Being spiritual students of Sri Chinmoy he does not advice us to
          have children. Why? Because it requires a great sense of
          responsibility to take care of them.

          Recently I reread a book of his The Disciple's Love Power where he
          says (unofficial),

          "…no matter how sincerely and devotedly you want to please a child,
          he won't be pleased. Yet this same child embodies the message of God.
          So why can't he be pleased? Because you don't have enough light,
          peace, poise, and other divine qualities to know what to do…some of
          you are not in a position to settle your own lives, so how can you
          take care of someone else's life? To raise a child is a most
          difficult thing to do; to bring to the fore the divinity in a child
          is exceedingly difficult. It is only a little less then God-
          realisation!"

          "It is true," the husband said sadly. "What the other disciples see
          is only the the good part of having children. At the ashram, when the
          children come with the parents to the mediation hall, others see you
          blessing the children and they see the parents' joy. But the hard
          times with the children they don't see. And there is much more work
          and hard times than joy."

          There are so many motives why people raise children. I wish I could
          have made a wiser choice when I was young. I have to learn to forgive
          myself. But this does not mean that I do not love my child.

          Sri Chinmoy has told us (paraphrasing) that he loves us all but that
          we are in no way superior to others.

          Will I ever be grateful enough to our dear master Sri Chinmoy who
          accepted me as his disciple and who leads me daily in my life-journey
          on a real practical level?

          He opened my eyes through his guidance and his personal example. It
          is up to me to do good and become a better student. He taught me that
          the root of all unhappiness is ignorance. I am glad to see clearer
          and it gives me strength.

          Without meditation, meaning to receive inner light and peace, I will
          always remain on a certain human level as we all are. I learn more
          and more what it means to make inner progress by going alone. It
          certainly does not mean to realise God tomorrow, but to expand my
          heart.

          I was very touched by the statement of a woman who seems to have come
          closer to God and serving Him in a special way. Her name is Teresa of
          Avila. (Michael mentioned her in a previous post). There are many
          other inspiring articles about her life on the internet.

          http://www.mcs.drexel.edu/~gbrandal/Illum_html/Teresa.html

          "It is a light so different from what we know here below that the
          sun's brightness seems dim by comparison ... It is like looking upon
          very clear water running over a bed of crystal and reflecting the
          sun, compared with a very muddy stream running over the earth beneath
          a cloudy sky. It seems rather to be natural light, whereas the other
          is artificial."

          This is a cute Giggle Drill:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5w0ki2R0e8

          Thank you again, Shardul, for the inspiration to write about
          children's lives. I am not sure I could really say what I was
          intended to say.

          "When my surrender
          Is complete
          I shall definitely see
          God
          Appearing at every turn."

          -Sri Chinmoy
          (unofficial)

          Doris

          P.S. Sorry for any spelling mistakes and wrong grammar.

          --- In Sri_Chinmoy_Inspiration@yahoogroups.com, purnakama2000
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Hi Doris!
          >
          > I absolutely love these two poems.Thank you so much for finding them
          > for us.
          > And yes you were right to giggle at the first one.
          > It's quite cute:)
          >
          > Purnakama

        • kwcanb
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2008
            On my first trip to NZ for a phone call from Sri Chinmoy I remember
            when one of our centre leaders was talking to Guru and whatever he
            was saying to her was making her giggle in a very cute way. It was
            very innocent and it struck me as something that was coming from a
            childs heart. Last year when Sri Chinmoy called Perth the same
            thing happened with the same person. I found it very infectious and
            I wanted to run around and giggle lots as well. I guess now I know
            why.

            Karina (Canberra)