Soft & gentle does the trick

  • fragrance2713
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      Presently, we're experiencing a very wintery cold snap - 'north winds
      from the polar regions, they say. While I was out and about today, it
      was extremely windy with horizontally driven snow / sleet managing its
      way in and around my unprepared ears and face as I sought to stretch
      the collar of my jacket over my head like an embarrassed and shy child.
      It reminded me of one of my childhood school lessons which often passes
      thru my mind while pondering over the adage `soft & gentle does the
      trick' The Teacher set out to illustrate the varying weather
      conditions and how we adapt to them. One caption showed a person
      leaning and battling into a storm clutching at his long `Inspector
      Colombo' like rain coat and the other caption showed the same guy,
      smiling and walking tall while the sun shone down, carrying his coat
      over his shoulder. The wind tried and failed, while the gentle sun
      succeeded – it's easy, really!!

      [Moderators Note: May we know your name?]