Poem****

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      "The New year comes
      To give you another
      opportunity
      To get rid of your old self."-Sri Chinmoy

      -Recently Vikramaditya (I hope I am spelling it right) put out a
      beautiful book with quotes by Sri chinmoy. It is called "The Wings of
      Gratitude" and contains meditations for each day of the year, as well
      as an incredible collection of talks on gratitude in the introduction
      of the book. This introduction is almost 14 pages long, and in the
      next few days I will be posting quotes from it, for I find it very
      inspiring and illumining, something to be shared. So here is the first
      one:

      "Gratitude is a living reality. What God has is infinite Compassion
      and our gift to God is an iota of gratitude to be placed at His Feet.
      Gratitude-power can never be surpassed. It is the only satisfaction we
      can offer God. This is not because God needs our gratitude but because
      He needs ample opportunity to enter into us in a more effective way,
      and gratitude increases our receptivity."-Sri Chinmoy

      -Joy to all and Happy New Year!-Kamalakanta